Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

North Dallas Tails

Old 03-12-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bridgeport is 45-1hr away from u, and we out out there regularly. Next trip is 2/24, and we have guides and all! Lots of newbies, mids, and vets!! Best place to start, and not worry about tickets, or fines!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Climr
Bridgeport is 45-1hr away from u, and we out out there regularly. Next trip is 2/24, and we have guides and all! Lots of newbies, mids, and vets!! Best place to start, and not worry about tickets, or fines!!!
I'm guessing you meant 3/24? What time is best to show up?
Old 03-12-2012, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Climr
if my JK comes in that week I may be interested and able to go the 24th also.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

JamesWyatt, thanks for the heads up. I dont think I wil be able to make it 3/24 but I would be interested in your next outing!
Old 03-17-2012, 04:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is also the Rock Trails of Tolar that is about an hor away as well.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Super Freak

As soon as my 2012 comes in I'll gladly head out to Bridgeport! I live near Roanoke so I'm not to far out. Unfortunately my new Rubi just got processed yesterday so I still have a 6-week wait.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't have a lift on my rig yet but would love to try the bunny slopes before hitting the black diamond.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

LBJ Grasslands in Decatur is the closest public area to get your tires dirty that I know of. Not much more than dirt roads winding thru campgrounds but if you got kids and/or a wife they will enjoy the scenery. Oh yeah, it's free.

Of course, just a little further down 380 is the Northwest OHV Park in Bridgeport. Check their website for hours and admission and don't forget you're supposed to have an OHV decal. You can get your decal at the park if you don't already have one.

http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/index.aspx?nid=322

You can get a good burger after wheeling Bridgeport at Rock City Burger. Last time we were out there they were even open on Sunday.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RubiconOrBust
LBJ Grasslands in Decatur is the closest public area to get your tires dirty that I know of. Not much more than dirt roads winding thru campgrounds but if you got kids and/or a wife they will enjoy the scenery. Oh yeah, it's free.

Of course, just a little further down 380 is the Northwest OHV Park in Bridgeport. Check their website for hours and admission and don't forget you're supposed to have an OHV decal. You can get your decal at the park if you don't already have one.

http://www.cityofbridgeport.net/index.aspx?nid=322

You can get a good burger after wheeling Bridgeport at Rock City Burger. Last time we were out there they were even open on Sunday.
When I was there a couple weeks ago they had a sign up saying they no longer sold the permits there.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk
When I was there a couple weeks ago they had a sign up saying they no longer sold the permits there.
Here's the state site on where to get them.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/ohv/buy.phtml

Quick Reply: North Dallas Tails