Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

North Dallas Tails

Old 07-11-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My stock Rubicon did everything everyone else did out there...except for one stinking ridge and that was just my choice of lines I decided to take. I have a 2012 2-door with just a leveling kit and that's it. Have fun out there cause your Jeep can handle alot out there.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

So who wants to go? I'm going for certain... Saturday morning. Im thinking meet up in grapevine since I have to get my ohv sticker there
Old 07-12-2012, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you guys talking about Bridgeport?

If so there is a lone star jeep club run going up there this weekend, so there will be plenty of people to guide you through the trails. Right now there are about 60 people signed up. I am pretty sure the club will let you run with them even if you aren't a member you will just have a sign a waiver with the club.

"Beat the Heat" New Guys Run - Bridgeport 7/14
Old 07-12-2012, 07:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deats4x4
What all do I need to get going on the trails my rubicon is pretty stock beside some little things??
I ran the 1's and 2's out there by myself when my sport was stock and didn't even disconnect my sway bars... This weekend the club is going to be out there and will guide you through the hard stuff. You will have no problems 1,2,3's with a stock rubi if you just listen to your spotters.

One thing I can say is if you are coming up on a rock or something, most of the time its better to put a tire over the rock rather than try and straddle the rock. You have the most ground clearance along the edge of the tires... if you try to straddle the rock you run the risk of hitting your steering stabalizer, diff covers, oil pan, etc... if you put a tire on it you can come down and worst case you hit your rock rails, which its okay to hit rocks with your rock rails, thats why they call them rock rails. It seems unintative at first but it really works...

You will be running with a bunch of TJ's with like 2 inches of lift and 33's... No offense to the TJ's but I think a stock JK rubi on oem 32's is just as capable if not more so than a mildly lifted TJ off road so you will be fine.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hypeiv
Are you guys talking about Bridgeport?

If so there is a lone star jeep club run going up there this weekend, so there will be plenty of people to guide you through the trails. Right now there are about 60 people signed up. I am pretty sure the club will let you run with them even if you aren't a member you will just have a sign a waiver with the club.

"Beat the Heat" New Guys Run - Bridgeport 7/14
How do I get information on the lone star jeep club?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

When is the next bridgeport trip ? Im getting my 2.5 inch lift on my 2012 jeep this friday
Old 12-15-2012, 08:05 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone know of trails north of Dallas?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ducky54
Anyone know of trails north of Dallas?
Yep. There is a 4wd park in Bridport, TX just north of the metroplex.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks man,

Quick Reply: North Dallas Tails