Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Oklahoma trails

Old 01-29-2015, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oklahoma trails

Anyone know of some good off road trails or parks in Oklahoma?
Old 01-29-2015, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Welcome to the forum!
-Below the dam at Grand Lake (Disney)
-Below the dam at Keystone Lake (Whitewater Park)
-K Trail from Clayton, OK to Mena, AR
-Little Sahara State Park
-Big Red Off-road Park near OKC
-Arbuckle Off-road Park (search on Facebook for more info)
And look up Red Dirt Jeeps if you're around OKC and Jeepers Anonymous if you're around Tulsa. I'm a member of both and we all frequently visit the above listed places! If you're free this weekend, we have about 20 people doing the K Trail, which is an 80 mile off road trail, Saturday and Sunday.

Last edited by TreyJK; 01-29-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:04 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by TreyJK
-K Trail from Clayton, OK to Mena, AR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j88zqOVAMqE If you visit my YouTube page you'll also find videos on the Canadian River and Kinta/San Bois Mountains and 59th Street. Those areas are now closed off. It was fun while it lasted. Please travel lightly and respect private property owners along the K-Trail so the same doesn't happen there. :-(
Old 01-30-2015, 03:23 AM
JK Freak

I enjoy going to Disney. It's a fun crowd with plenty of both rocks and mud. Several huge events there, and it's free!
Old 01-30-2015, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j88zqOVAMqE If you visit my YouTube page you'll also find videos on the Canadian River and Kinta/San Bois Mountains and 59th Street. Those areas are now closed off. It was fun while it lasted. Please travel lightly and respect private property owners along the K-Trail so the same doesn't happen there. :-(
Yea I heard that now you have to stay on the K Trail because both sides are private property the whole way. I've seen all of your videos and was hoping to visit those places you mentioned. Thanks for taking the time to make all of those videos, you inspired a lot of people to get out of town and try over landing!
Old 01-30-2015, 05:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Yea I heard that now you have to stay on the K Trail because both sides are private property the whole way. I've seen all of your videos and was hoping to visit those places you mentioned. Thanks for taking the time to make all of those videos, you inspired a lot of people to get out of town and try over landing!
Once you get further east--past three sticks--you're in national forest. But you're also near the end (if traveling west to east).
Old 01-31-2015, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, yeah ive seen the Jeepers Anonymous guys rolling around Tulsa. Sounds fun!
Old 10-15-2015, 07:12 PM
JK Freak

I did a small section of the Oklahoma Adventure Trail today. From Rose to Cleveland at a little over 250 miles for 7 hours with 80% dirt/gravel roads. It's definitely a great way to explore in my own backyard. I decided to go old school this trip and rely solely on a paper map with a blue pen trace on my route. I got lost multiple times and turned around about once every hour, but I feels a little more special knowing that I don't have to rely on technology to have an adventure. I plan to follow Mark's path soon and head out to Western OK, a part of the state I know little about. Unfortunately, my iPhone photos will have to suffice for now. Thanks for introducing me to the OAT Mark D ! Attachment 627489 Attachment 627490 Attachment 627491 Attachment 627492 Attachment 627493 Attachment 627494
Old 10-16-2015, 01:23 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

.... I plan to follow Mark's path soon and head out to Western OK ...
There is a section between Stillwater and Cowboy Tombstone where you cross a small creek multiple times. The bridges plotted on that route are out in four places. If you want, I can e-mail you an annotated .gpx file with those. They are also where we ran into mud, so you may want to go check them out. But I'm not responsible if you get stuck! LOL. Bypasses were easy for everyone--plenty of roads it's just the additional time backtracking then finding your way back to the route. With GPS and Backcountry Navigator CalTopo maps and the OAT .gpx file, very straightforward. A little more challenging if you're just using paper maps. Keep having fun out there!
Old 10-16-2015, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
There is a section between Stillwater and Cowboy Tombstone where you cross a small creek multiple times. The bridges plotted on that route are out in four places. If you want, I can e-mail you an annotated .gpx file with those. They are also where we ran into mud, so you may want to go check them out. But I'm not responsible if you get stuck! LOL. Bypasses were easy for everyone--plenty of roads it's just the additional time backtracking then finding your way back to the route. With GPS and Backcountry Navigator CalTopo maps and the OAT .gpx file, very straightforward. A little more challenging if you're just using paper maps. Keep having fun out there!
Thanks, I'll PM you my email. And yes, I'll have to get a GPS unit soon because my paper map seems to be lacking the "zoom in" feature haha.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma trails