Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Wheelin' World

Old 10-11-2015, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TreyJK
Well that's weird. Yeah man, I used to be up there once every other month or so but with classes starting back I've only been up there once since May. You?
I used to go up there way back in '03 but haven't since then bro. I'm taking classes at tcc now too so that pretty much consumes my free time now haha.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Alp1n3
that's a sweet pic man, what are some other spots around there? I can imagine since that area is full of hills there are quite a bit.
I grew up between Springfield and Joplin so my go-to's are are below in no particular order:

SMORR in Seymor, MO--a little bit of everything, fun people, great campgrounds and plenty of trails although they are always pretty slick as the rocks seem to stay wet. They have a trail map and it's pretty accurate.

JD's Offroad park in Joplin, MO--another smaller one. More trails than slow crawl obstacles. No trail map and the trails have no rhyme or reason, they split like tree branches.

Disney, OK--Army Corps of Engineers fun mud trails and tons of great rock walls and rock gardens. No trail map, but it's free and always nice people out there.

Wheeling World in Eureka Springs, AR--My opinion is above

Byrds Adventure Park in Ozark, AR--Great place to spend a weekend. Easy to hardcore. Great people and great facility. They did a really god job at mixing technical zones within the trails. A good challenge that wasn't over after one climb.

Superlift Offroad Park in Hot Springs, AR--I wish it wasn't so far away! It's my favorite by far. Huuuuge. I spent 4 days down there and wheeled from sun up to sun down and still hadn't hit all of the trails I wanted to. They had the best trial map and trails were all well marked. Sweet pro shop and an awesome town to make a little vacation out of.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Alp1n3
I used to go up there way back in '03 but haven't since then bro. I'm taking classes at tcc now too so that pretty much consumes my free time now haha.
I hear ya, its tough but I'm on the home stretch! Another year or so and I should have more time to wheel!
Old 10-11-2015, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Waldo_88
I grew up between Springfield and Joplin so my go-to's are are below in no particular order: SMORR in Seymor, MO--a little bit of everything, fun people, great campgrounds and plenty of trails although they are always pretty slick as the rocks seem to stay wet. They have a trail map and it's pretty accurate. JD's Offroad park in Joplin, MO--another smaller one. More trails than slow crawl obstacles. No trail map and the trails have no rhyme or reason, they split like tree branches. Disney, OK--Army Corps of Engineers fun mud trails and tons of great rock walls and rock gardens. No trail map, but it's free and always nice people out there. Wheeling World in Eureka Springs, AR--My opinion is above Byrds Adventure Park in Ozark, AR--Great place to spend a weekend. Easy to hardcore. Great people and great facility. They did a really god job at mixing technical zones within the trails. A good challenge that wasn't over after one climb. Superlift Offroad Park in Hot Springs, AR--I wish it wasn't so far away! It's my favorite by far. Huuuuge. I spent 4 days down there and wheeled from sun up to sun down and still hadn't hit all of the trails I wanted to. They had the best trial map and trails were all well marked. Sweet pro shop and an awesome town to make a little vacation out of.
Thanks for compiling that list, I've always wanted to go to Superlift, I'm glad to hear it has your approval! And as of last Spring, a local campground, "Two Mom's Campground" was working on a trail map for Disney. I know they've put up a lot of new signs for the more popular trails. Might be worth a look if you can find them on Facebook.

Quick Reply: Wheelin' World