Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

2.5 Teraflex Install w/ Spidertrax

Old 02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
nicely done. i put mine on back in december, it was a nice all day project.

oh, did you have any problems putting the rear spacers in? mine were a b$#ch to get in. but once everything thing is done the lift does make the jk look much better don't it?
Glad you brought that up. Its a good trick to use a floor jack and a large rubber hammer to put inbetween the axle and the spacer then jack it up until the spacer pops into the retaining hole. Very easy that way.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by spencenaz
Nice! I am thinking of doing something very similar to mine. And this makes me want to do it even more.

Was there a reason (other than just aesthetics) why you removed the boots from the front shocks? Just curious. Nice Job!
Actually I removed them to see what it looked like under the shock. Well I cut too much plastic and it would not stay on so I just left the two fronts out. OOPS.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Heyspike
Man that looks great! It's next on my list. You said the spacers are not required? It says on one of web sites it is?? Did you get the other part to align the rear axle? Nice right up, I'll be doing mine soon. Where didi you get the stuff?
Thanks
John
No spacers are required so I guess I was just a guinea pig. It says no where that it is required so I did it anyway. I did not get any part to realign the rear axle and I am not going to. It doesnt need it. I get all my stuff at northridge4x4.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Additional notes and pictures.

Rear Clearance of the sway bar links. Right Clearance

Rear Clearance of the sway bar links. Left Clearance

The thick wire and bolts were used to hold the parking brake aka e-brake cables to the body of the Jeep. They are not needed when istalling the larger lift. You will see that they put tension onthe axle when installing the spacers. So remove this part first before forceing the axle down to install the spacer and spring.

This is where the steel wire is removed from the rear e brake lines, you see them now just hanging. They are not in the way of anything so its ok to leave this part out.

Garage Clearance with lift/spacers/32" tires.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Centering the steering wheel. SUPER EASY. 5 minutes.

The steering wheel was cocked a little to the right when going straight.

So I crawled under the front of the jeep with the tires perfectly straight and the steering wheel cocked to the right a little and had my wife sit in the Jeep while I turened this threaded steering adjustment. Used an open ended wrench and loostened the nuts and turned it by hand until the wheel was straight. Then tightened the bolts. Took two times to get it perfect but once would have been enough to have it close. I am just anal about things like this.
Old 02-28-2008, 05:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Additional notes and pictures.
Rear Clearance of the sway bar links. Right Clearance
Isn't the rear sway bar link supposed to be installed on the inside of the lower bracket as well as the inside of the sway bar itself? That's how it's shown in step 23 of TeraFlex's instructions ...

http://www.teraflex.biz/installsheet...st_install.pdf
Old 02-28-2008, 06:34 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
Isn't the rear sway bar link supposed to be installed on the inside of the lower bracket as well as the inside of the sway bar itself? That's how it's shown in step 23 of TeraFlex's instructions ...

http://www.teraflex.biz/installsheets/001355200-JK%20Budget%20Boost_install.pdf
It wont sit flat, trust me I tried. The problem is that the round part of the link is too thick to clear the mount, the hole is too close to the axle welds. I am not drilling another one above it or reaming it out.

The instructions are junk in my opinion. Dont get me wrong TF made an excellent kit and I am 100 percent satisfied but Teraflex should look into getting rights to WOL's install instructions.

EDIT: Also you have a pic of my passenger side, the instruction show the drivers side. They are different.

Last edited by JulietKilo; 02-28-2008 at 06:40 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:11 PM
JK Super Freak

The stock stickers were easy to remove. I just took my time and peeled it slow. No residue left behind. Then I stuck on the Teraflex TF BB 2.5" lift sticker. Warning me to not be an idiot. I LOVE IT.

Old 02-28-2008, 05:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my new rear links fit fine if running stock tires and rims rub should not be an issue but in the long run you'll wear out your bushing in the links faster greased or not greased

but try to get them at least perpendicular to the axle
Old 02-28-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by -MAW-
my new rear links fit fine if running stock tires and rims rub should not be an issue but in the long run you'll wear out your bushing in the links faster greased or not greased

but try to get them at least perpendicular to the axle
I could move them to the outside since I am running spacers but I want them on the inside to give everyone here a heads up on clearance issues when I go to the ramp this weekend. I will take pics of the flex and links. They will wear no more angled then they would if they were straight up and down.

Quick Reply: 2.5 Teraflex Install w/ Spidertrax