Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Alternate CB Antenna mounting

Old 10-12-2007, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, its just that the grommet that came with it doesn't hold the mike input in the hole real good. I made the hole and then put the mike input in and it just looks plain ugly. Yours looked like it had a nicer grommet or something holding it in better. All the wife has to do is to hit it and it falls back into the panel. I do appreciate you answering me. It is nice to meet other people that share the same love for the JK as I do.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dnhenson
No, its just that the grommet that came with it doesn't hold the mike input in the hole real good. I made the hole and then put the mike input in and it just looks plain ugly. Yours looked like it had a nicer grommet or something holding it in better. All the wife has to do is to hit it and it falls back into the panel. I do appreciate you answering me. It is nice to meet other people that share the same love for the JK as I do.
Hmmmm.......I used what came with it, my grommet holds the connector just fine. You have the connector coming from the small metal box captured by the grommet, right? There is a section on that connector that allows it to be held in place by the grommet after installing it in the small metal plate. It's kinda tricky to put it in, but it should hold it securely.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Talking Thanks

Thanks for making that clearer to me. It appears like that I need a new grommet. Mine is real soft and I think it needs to be better than that.

Last edited by dnhenson; 10-13-2007 at 04:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Alternate CB Antenna mounting