Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Cibie Euro-code headlamp install

Old 06-12-2007, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by csims723
I am starting my install tomorrow and will try to do a full write up including the harness for you all. Maybe I can pull it off. I get so into wiring and forget to take pictures. We shall see. More later. Chris
Awesome.. I would have done mine by now.. but when they sent the harness, it was for a Liberty.. "Susquhanna" who evidently makes them for Daniel Stern said they hadn't actually made one for the Jk yet.. SO.. I gave them new measurments, and sent the harness back.. Hoping to get a new one in soon.. "The correct one" !!!
Old 06-14-2007, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

I am starting my install tomorrow and will try to do a full write up including the harness for you all. Maybe I can pull it off. I get so into wiring and forget to take pictures. We shall see. More later. Chris
Chris.. did you get it wired up yet???
Old 06-14-2007, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by captsam54
Chris.. did you get it wired up yet???
Sam,
I got all wired up and found the best location for the relays. If you mount your relays between the fuse box and the battery you can pull the trigger wires out of the bundle and have a great clean install. I am working on the write up to include the FSM pin out information for the install. I did take pictures of the wiring locations and a few of the install. I will try to get it all uploaded tomorrow. I must say that I was greatly supprised by the overall diffrence of the quality of light from the new lights. I also installed the lexan covers over the Cibie tubs and Wired the city lights up to the park lights. Ill work on the write up tomorrow or Saturday. Chris
Old 06-15-2007, 04:45 AM
JK Freak

Sam,
I got all wired up and found the best location for the relays. If you mount your relays between the fuse box and the battery you can pull the trigger wires out of the bundle and have a great clean install. I am working on the write up to include the FSM pin out information for the install. I did take pictures of the wiring locations and a few of the install. I will try to get it all uploaded tomorrow. I must say that I was greatly supprised by the overall diffrence of the quality of light from the new lights. I also installed the lexan covers over the Cibie tubs and Wired the city lights up to the park lights. Ill work on the write up tomorrow or Saturday. Chris
Awesome..!!! You had better post that in "write ups", because a ton of people will be interested..!!. (And) so everyone can see it... I am looking forward to seeing the pic's and it will make mine go much easier..!!! Yea..!!
Old 06-17-2007, 01:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Sam,
I just finished doing the same thing, but used the existing wire harness instead. I thought about using relays and new wires, but wasn't sure the difference would be significant enough for the work involved. Maybe your write-up will change my mind. :-)

js.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jsmoriss
I just finished doing the same thing, but used the existing wire harness instead. I thought about using relays and new wires, but wasn't sure the difference would be significant enough for the work involved. Maybe your write-up will change my mind. :-)

js.
I think Chris is to busy out driving his jeep and enjoying his new light setup..!! I expect he will get around to posting the write-up and pic's before too long.. I am giving him some slack as my new harness hasn't made it here yet.. But if it gets here before he does his write-up.. I WILL be beating his door down to get the info...!!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Sam,
Chris.. Got my new "correct" harness in yesterday.. Looking forward to your pic's of the install so as to make mine easier..!!! Especially looking to see where/how you did the tap-ins..!! UH Please..>> thanks..
Old 06-24-2007, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

CaptSam, Well you were right. I am enjoying the great lights in the mountians. We went to the Coal Creek OHV in Oliver Springs Tennesee yesterday and my FSM is in Georgia. I will post the full write up when we get home on the 30th. I can post a few pics of the install but the pin out info will have to come later.

I removed the front grill as described in other post. Remove the black plastic rivits by backing out the screws and pulling them out. Then pop out the metal clips by pulling the grill toward the bumper.

You then have to unplug the turn signals by sliding the red lock towards the wires and pressing the clip into the plug to remove them.

I then removed the fuse box by pulling the four clips away from the box and pulling up on the fuse box. your looking for the green plug located towards the battery. It plugs in to the fuse box here.

This is the wiring bundle you need to unplug. It has a green plug and to release it you have to flip the lock up . Its a white grey color and as you flip it it unplugs the harness plug. As for the pin out I will update this later. Or if anyone has the FSM you can get the pin out for this plug listed in the Central Power Module. Ill get it posted as soon as I get home.

You will be pulling a total of six wires out of this bundle. Be carefull to identify these carefully because the wiring colors are duplicated several times for other items in the bundle. I eased the wires back and fourth until I was sure it was the right wire. After I was sure I cut the headlight plug off the passenger side. and pulled the three wires off the passenger side. I took the ground and High beam trigger from this light for the High Beam Relay.

Behind the headlamp tub is where you will locate the wiring that routes to the drivers headlamp. You will not be able to slide these wires all the way out because they are taped with electrical tape. I located the proper wires and pulled them from the bundle back to the fuse box.

Here are the wires pulled from the factory bundle. As you see I have the passenger side gound and passenger side high beam paired together for the High Beam Relay. I then have the drivers side ground and drivers side low beam paired together for the low beam relay. This leaves you two wires left over. One is a High beam and one is a low beam. These can be used as a trigger wire for other relays( Low beam for fog lights and High beam for Off road lights so don't cut them out of the plug yet). Now for the relay wiring. Your relays will have number on them to designate the wiring harness.
I ran the ground from the lights to the 85 terminal then the power to the 86
terminal. If you have good relays you will have two 87 terminals. The 87 terminals feed power to the new lights. The 30 terminals go the the battery with a fuse inline. Hope this short write up helps until I can get you guys a full write up.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:53 PM
JK Freak

Awesome.. i didn't think of pulling the old wires out..!! maybe I better had..!!
I look forward to the rest of your write-up.. Thanks...
Old 06-24-2007, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

I just intalled my cibie's with homemade wiring harness today. I didn't go from the fuse box. I just cut the wires at the passenger side socket and connected the low and high beam triggers to the relays since that is where my relays were going anyway. I then ran separate ground wires from the relays. My biggest problem was figuring out which wire was the low beam and which was the high beam in the stock harness untill I had one of those "oh you are such a dumbass moments". I realized all I needed to do was cut one of the wires and turn on the headlights and figure it out through process of elimination since I was cutting the wires anyway.

This was the first time I've done anything electrical to an automotive so I was pretty excited when everything worked!

Quick Reply: Cibie Euro-code headlamp install