Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Cibie Euro-code headlamp install

Old 04-09-2007, 09:41 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The light seems to be much more focused. Are your lights tilted or something?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woods,

Are you saying that all you did is replace the lenses or lamps with the cibie's and then just used h4 bulbs in them? Sounds like that would cost a lot less and the pic seems to show a better light quality than stock, not to mention that install was probably really easy.

Bryan
Old 04-09-2007, 10:20 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
The light seems to be much more focused. Are your lights tilted or something?

E-Codes have a hard cut off on the top of the beam pattern, that tilts up, to the right of the center of the beam.

Originally Posted by duneslider
Woods,

Are you saying that all you did is replace the lenses or lamps with the cibie's and then just used h4 bulbs in them? Sounds like that would cost a lot less and the pic seems to show a better light quality than stock, not to mention that install was probably really easy.

Bryan
Yup. Just wanted to try it without all the harness hassel. Not really much less expensive. Bulbs are about the same price, and the harness cost is about $45 give or take. Better light quality and the glass lenses won't start to blur/fog in 5 years (stock are plastic lenses).

Last edited by wayoflife; 05-31-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

The beam pattern of the E-code is supposed to have light angle upward to the right for sign illumination. Additionally, the optics are far superior to put light where it is needed, not a big blob with hotspots.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alright this is pi$$ing me off!!! i shoulndt have to spend more money on headlights after i buy a brand new vehicle!! but arn't low beams supposed to stay in "your" lane so that they dont interfere with other drivers, and high beams light up everything??? i cant see $h!t on the sides of the road with my highbeams!!!!( WHERE THE ANIMALS AND OTHER THINGS I NEED TO SEE THAT ARE ABOUT TO COME IN FRONT OF ME WOULD BE ) with my dads avalanche high beams are more like making it daytime!!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Alright this is pi$$ing me off!!! i shoulndt have to spend more money on headlights after i buy a brand new vehicle!! but arn't low beams supposed to stay in "your" lane so that they dont interfere with other drivers, and high beams light up everything??? i cant see $h!t on the sides of the road with my highbeams!!!!( WHERE THE ANIMALS AND OTHER THINGS I NEED TO SEE THAT ARE ABOUT TO COME IN FRONT OF ME WOULD BE ) with my dads avalanche high beams are more like making it daytime!!
For starters.... RELAX!!! Life is way too short to be so strung out. You do not "have to spend more money" on headlights. You can stick with the stock headlights and be content with them. If you WANT brighter headlights, THEN you have to "spend more money".

Enjoy life, it goes too fast,

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 04-14-2007, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

the lights should already be bright enough!
Old 04-14-2007, 06:56 AM
JK Junkie

Question

For the record, I think the stock low beams are plenty adequate... but I agree with many of you that the high beams could be better. In mine, they'll show me a UFO hovering above the road 700 feet in front of me, but not much more... they're high, in other words.

I was wondering: For similar money (because these Cibies are not cheap), could I just buy a windshield spotlight bracket, and corresponding Hella-type offroad spotlight, and tie that in with my high beams? Seems like that would give me good long-range visibility (which the stock high beams already have), and the spotlight could be angled to fill in the "near" gaps of the stock high beams...

Has anyone considered this or gone this route?
Old 04-14-2007, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my Unlimited delivered yesterday, and it has Hella H4 headlamps. Not surprising as I live in Northern Europe, Sweden to be exact. But a surprise was that there is an electric height adjuster for the headlamps
But I have to live with the extremely ugly "Eurobumpers" in the front
Old 04-14-2007, 08:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Berra
I got my Unlimited delivered yesterday, and it has Hella H4 headlamps. Not surprising as I live in Northern Europe, Sweden to be exact. But a surprise was that there is an electric height adjuster for the headlamps
But I have to live with the extremely ugly "Eurobumpers" in the front
that is interesting, i thought that leveling; either auto/manual is required by the EU?

Quick Reply: Cibie Euro-code headlamp install