Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

DIY: The Jeep Wave.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here in Quebec i must say that probably 90 % of Jeep owners wave at each other. I think when you have a modified Jeep and people with stock one see you, they wave at you even if they don't usualy do it. Waving hand is a long tradition from the end of the WWII that must continue forever.

My 2 cents...

Stefe
Old 09-13-2011, 02:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default the wave

I couldn't agree more the problem we have here in Massachusetts is that almost a third of jeep owners are either teenagers or yuppies that know nothing about this tradition...I wave to all of them anyway
Old 09-13-2011, 02:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I like to think of the wave as a nice tradition and courtesy. Jeez, like there isn't enough stress and anger in the world today. Last weekend I was out in western Mass on a run and we were in these tiny little towns like Mayberry with folks sitting out on their front porches. Beautiful day, I waved at them too. I vaguely remember from when I was little that people would walk down the street and say hello and wave to people on their porches. It was just a nicer time. The Jeep wave for me is like a lifeline back to those more peaceful days.

For God's sake, that earlier poster needs therapy. Who gets that mad at a guy in another Jeep who's just smiling and saying hello?
Old 09-13-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepL!fe
hahahahahaha mental photos on hallpass, priceless

:rotfl mao2:
Old 09-13-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fatalshot
Nope, I just get sick of people waving and acting like we should be friends, when 90% of the people who wave are stock jeeps with a "It's a Jeep Thing" spare tire cover. I've owned all Toyota's before as my trail toys, and no one waved to me in those and I was quite happy. Now I buy a jeep, whose primary purpose is supposed to be offroad, and the majority of the people I see driving them are people who couldn't tell you where a trail was. SO therefore we share no interests, don't wave my way please.
we call POS's like this a troll... don't feed it as it only gets bigger. With 4 posts he hasn't contributed to this forum enough to even count much less have a valid opinion... Sell your jeep, go get your FJ and delete ur account here...

PS:

Its live and well here in the south besides the soccer moms.. I think the girls find it weird every guy waves at them in turn making them think they're hot or something...
Old 09-13-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just sayin'
Old 09-13-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Elegabalus
hahaha... looks like a crime scene. "Here is where the Jeep wave died chief".

I came across a website about Jeep waves (google: Jeep Wave) that categorizes the whole thing and basically makes something very simple (wave at fellow Jeeps) very difficult.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JkHauler
we call POS's like this a troll... don't feed it as it only gets bigger. With 4 posts he hasn't contributed to this forum enough to even count much less have a valid opinion... Sell your jeep, go get your FJ and delete ur account here...

PS:

Its live and well here in the south besides the soccer moms.. I think the girls find it weird every guy waves at them in turn making them think they're hot or something...
Way to call the baby ugly! I wave and will always wave! The troll will get a special one finger wave...wanna guess which one???
Old 09-13-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

I've decided that anyone that drives a wrangler, regardless of model, level of modification or lift, amount of caked on mud, sticker choice, top or doors on or off, or any other feature I can discriminate for or against anyone for is a big phony (with the obvious exception of myself), and therefore I will no longer wave to other wrangler drivers ever again. Now I will only wave to chromed out, low-rider, 2wd Compass drivers. So there!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Initial E
I wave to all other wranglers regardless if they are new, old, heavily modded, or flat out busted. I dont care. This is part of our culture of owning a jeep and I embrace it. While I may not stick my hand out of my window and do the 'high five' wave or whatever - I do acknowledge others. Whether they wave back is on them.... not me.

Late August going home taking the interstate I rolled up on 2 other JKs and rolled three wide on 95N. Looked over at both of them and gave a nodd and quick wave and received the same from BOTH.
I agree. I don't care if it is a military Willies ( actually better) a Jeep CJ, TJ, JK, Wrangler, Rubicon, Renegade ( even better) Tall, short ( actually not 20" wheels all get a friendly wave. It's a Jeep, a real Jeep and they all deserve acknowledgement for being so dam awesome. Come on lets get real. Respect the heritage.

Quick Reply: DIY: The Jeep Wave.