Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

ESP Kill Switch Writeup

Old 03-23-2021, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Philip *AZ*
Here are my pics. you can see where I spliced inline with the purple wire. I used a solid blue wire and installed a butt connector. Works great for me and all of mmy wiring is tucked away nicely. Granted if you are worried about warranty stuff you obviously don't want to mount your switch where I did.
I'd want to intercept the purple with light blu wire under the dash on the driver side but I found two purple with light blu wires: one goes alone (right one in the picture) and another one is twisted with a white and light blu wire. Which is the right one to cut ?

Old 03-23-2021, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be sure remove the two tourque bolts on the center consul at the rear seat and lift up, you will see the two purple wires you need to cut the one with the stripe. If you have a voltmeter connect it to the wire under the consul and make a little slice on the wire that you found under the dash and tone it out, if it is the same thats your wire!
Valj
The following users liked this post:
BlackDiamond (03-23-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackDiamond
I'd want to intercept the purple with light blu wire under the dash on the driver side but I found two purple with light blu wires: one goes alone (right one in the picture) and another one is twisted with a white and light blu wire. Which is the right one to cut ?

Cut the "alone" one, not the one in the twisted pair. (You assume all risk in this)
The following users liked this post:
BlackDiamond (03-23-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a '12 and did this mod 2 days after the OP's write up. I absolutely love it. The increased mileage is awesome. I have to admit I miss using the cruise control. Has anyone figured out a work around yet?
Old 05-13-2021, 03:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

?.................

Quick Reply: ESP Kill Switch Writeup