Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

IPF H4 Headlight Install

Old 08-06-2010, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan
Just installed mine. 2008 Sahara. Pretty painless process. I did have to trim and use ty-wraps to get the pigtail to stay in place.
Just got mine off the big Brown truck. Northridge.ca included an extra set of pigtails that should be a direct no-trim fit. Looking forward to a quick install tonight!

Quick edit/addendum... damn these things were easy to install. I did have to trim the new pigtails ever-so-slightly to get the lock to catch - I mean just shaved off a 32nd of an inch.

Will comment on the beam/pattern/results tonight - but initial impression is that I prefer the IPF lenses over the stock bubble-lights.

Last edited by Coley; 08-06-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OpenTrackRacer
Installed my headlights today after work. The install is a piece of cake... took less than an hour. I have to say that I'm not blown away by the difference from the stock lights. The IPF lights are certainly better but it was far from a religious experience.
I put Silverstar Ultra bulbs in mine and I love the lights. The pattern is much better than the stockers and the Ultra bulbs work great. My $.02 worth.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:40 PM
jsl
JK Enthusiast

Installed mine tonight love them but think they need to be adjusted passenger side a little high on the outside
Old 08-23-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsl
Installed mine tonight love them but think they need to be adjusted passenger side a little high on the outside
Note that lights are starting to come like that deliberately. A little higher on the passenger side allows for illumination of street signs, with less blinding of oncoming traffic.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:21 PM
jsl
JK Enthusiast

someone posted that you can get 130/120W bulbs for the IPF Light kit. Where can I get these bulbs at. Mine came with 60/55W bulbs
Old 08-25-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

??????? My bulbs look like that came in the kit look like they are blue. How do I know if they are the blue or white bulbs. (before I open them) Do the white bulbs have a blue tint to them also when they are off???
Old 08-25-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsl
someone posted that you can get 130/120W bulbs for the IPF Light kit. Where can I get these bulbs at. Mine came with 60/55W bulbs
I would think that a 130/120w bulb would melt your wires pretty quickly.

Maybe whoever posted this info was taking about something like the German made Philips Xtreme Power 9003/H4/HB2 60/55W bulb? It's supposed to put out a lot more light than other bulbs.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
I am no expert by any means just going off of real world experience.

I have the white bulbs in one of my JK's and the blue In the other and I am happier with the Blue.

David
Hi Dave from Northridge- I think I am going to order a pair of these lights, but do I get a free T shirt and an extra pair of pig tails? I have read all the threads on this light and I want these, but I also want all the extras!!!!!

And free shipping!!
thanks, Mike
I see the shipping is already FREE,
I will be ordering a set of these tomorrow I think.

Last edited by Highlander; 08-25-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No you can not it will not work.

07BLUEJK
??????? My bulbs look like that came in the kit look like they are blue. How do I know if they are the blue or white bulbs. (before I open them) Do the white bulbs have a blue tint to them also when they are off???
The blue bulbs come in a pack of two. The whites are singles that is the easiest way to tell.

Hi Dave from Northridge- I think I am going to order a pair of these lights, but do I get a free T shirt and an extra pair of pig tails? I have read all the threads on this light and I want these, but I also want all the extras!!!!!

And free shipping!!
thanks, Mike
I see the shipping is already FREE,
I will be ordering a set of these tomorrow I think.
You get the free shipping and you get the new pigtails and you get them for the sale price of 149.95

Thanks
David
Old 10-12-2010, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

Installed mine today from Northridge 4x4!

I should have read this before I installed it. I need to go apply that grease better and figure out how to trim the triangle thing on the connector to the factory harness. I ran out of daylight to complete the job to my liking, but man are these an improvement!

Quick Reply: IPF H4 Headlight Install