Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

JK Ulimited with a third row

Old 05-02-2008, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paratus13
Click on this

Attachment 8630

or click "manage attachments" at the bottom, upload the pics, then click the paperclip in the above picture.
I try to upload digital pictures of my JK and all attempts fail as the file size if 2MB. How can I reduce the size of the photo file while not losing sharpness of the picture?
Old 05-02-2008, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default seat

Yea, however, i use on short trips around town, from that accident SEMI VS. VAN, well i dont think any other vehicle would do any better,

it that was a two door jk would be alot worse, 4dr jk with third row not any better, 4dr no third seat better, Jeep Vs Semi would still be bad against SEMI, i wouldn't even want to be in the front seat of similar accident...

if you go to the site the have a side facing seat...
Old 05-02-2008, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default seat

yes they would. covered by rollbar rear facing.

are you trying to download a image to post or avitar?
Old 05-02-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would remove it.

The Unlimited is a 5 passenger Jeep, if someone is injured you "You" will be the responsible party and your insurance company will let you swing in the wind.
I'm not sure about the how legal the mod is when it comes to getting pulled over. Police are very well trained and know how many people can be in a Jeep or car/truck.

Some times the best intentions don't have the best results.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:34 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

There was an earlier thread with pictures on this same topic. I asked if the third seat passengers could exit the vehicle without outside help. When reaching over the middle seat to lower it, I have noticed you would not have much leverage to pull the release tab and fold the seat forward.
My question was ignored in that thread.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I like the seats and I'm considering getting one. It's a cool idea and would help me out a lot. They wouldn't be used much but it would sure be handy to have.

My thoughts are: Roll bar: the factory roll bars are probably more for looks than anything. (take the covers off and look at them) When I'm wheeling I make it a point not to use my roll bars for that very reason. So any passenger wouldn't have to worry about that. I'm not going to let my kids stay in the jeep if I get into anything too hairy. Then they have to get out and watch.

Getting hit from behind by a semi, well, those 3rd seat passengers in the van would have been screwed, but no less dead than some in a 3rd seat in a jeep.

If it was going to be a daily driver with kids in the back seat then I wouldn't use it for that, we have something else. It's not the safest thing, but it looks like a good solution and I like it.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:51 PM
JK Freak

Looks good and is functional. I would not worry about the naysayers. I 'm not sure some of them know what they are talking about.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:02 PM
JK Super Freak

A+++ buddy. It looks factory, obviously functional, and I hope the bus full of tykes has a good time.

as for the accident deal, I'll just leave it at "I hope that doesn't happen to anyone"
Old 05-02-2008, 04:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by hurstrescue
Looks good and is functional. I would not worry about the naysayers. I 'm not sure some of them know what they are talking about.
The "naysayers" are just bringing up additional points to ponder so a more informed decision can be made. It's good to have ideas from other points of view. That's what these forums are all about, right?
Old 05-02-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
There was an earlier thread with pictures on this same topic. I asked if the third seat passengers could exit the vehicle without outside help. When reaching over the middle seat to lower it, I have noticed you would not have much leverage to pull the release tab and fold the seat forward.
My question was ignored in that thread.
Sorry rondjenx if i missed the seat question, the third row passangers can push the lever to lay the seat down, but they do require assistance to pull it up, stowed and upright positon before take off.

bertjnkns: The seat is maybe used once aweek, if the kids had it there way, they would ride in the back all the time. yea when i go nuts on the trail even with my old jeep with harnesses and cage, i kicked them all out, not alot of vehicles with third row seats could take an impact like that van did.

hurstrescue: thanks,

mjolnir: thanks,

ronjenx: thanks, i agree input is good from all. there is alot of good info on this forum. 1 peanut is just a peanut, get alot of peanuts and you can make peanutbutter.....hahaha..

Hope of got everybody busy day opened two screens so i could type and read.

Quick Reply: JK Ulimited with a third row