Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Nice little mirror from AutoZone for under $16.00 / Simple to install

Old 06-29-2007, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ALL HAIL RanMan
best low buck mod to date. I picked up 2 last nite
thanks
Old 06-29-2007, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Did this last weekend. I can see quite a bit out of the driver's side mirror, but the passeger's side is pretty much useless. All I could see is the grill of a car that was a car lengths behind in the next lane over.

Doesn't really matter though. I just peak over my right shoulder and see everything I need to.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:00 PM
JK Newbie

i was looking at brackets in a off road parts mag that used the factory mirrors but the damn pieces of metal were going to run 40 bucks... Ill stop by autozone and see if they have some tom... thanks guys!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Finally got mine on. I bought it at Advanced Auto. It was like 14.99. I had to do some mods to the bracket so the bolts would go back in. It will hold for now till do something different. I am strongly thinking about doing the factory mirror relocate and putting the plate thing on the hole in the door. I will try to post pics later.
Andrew
Old 07-13-2007, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

here is what mine look like

Old 07-18-2007, 06:36 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thanks

This info was a great find. I have a new 4 door that I bought on Saturday and was looking at a lot of sites to find a good deal on the factory and aftermarket relocation brackets. This is a great find as it is a lot cheaper and saves the labor of taking the mirror off and on the door as well each time to use the bracket.

I am headed out to try to find a pair. Thanks again for the great tip
Old 07-26-2007, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

The factory mirroes are too big for doors off driving, and even thoug this Euro Mirror is a tad small, it keeps us legal and does function..... if only it was a little bit bigger it'd be perfect!

Has anyone cut a thin piece of rubber to go between the mirror and the windshield frame? I'm about to install and I'm thinking I'm going to throw something in between....
Old 07-27-2007, 03:56 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rugged ridge has a mirror relocation bracket for the JK listed, it moves the mirror to the lower two windsheild bracket bolts. Will it interfere with the windsheild mounted lights? I hope not.

I havent seen it in person, just pictures on the web.

These to me look ok, but i think i like the mini mirror option better, then i only would have to mess with putting them on, not dismantelling the door mirror and then putting it on the new bracket.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Johnny HotFoot
The factory mirroes are too big for doors off driving, and even thoug this Euro Mirror is a tad small, it keeps us legal and does function..... if only it was a little bit bigger it'd be perfect!

Has anyone cut a thin piece of rubber to go between the mirror and the windshield frame? I'm about to install and I'm thinking I'm going to throw something in between....
Here's my modded Euro Mirrors from AutoZone ($15 each)

I was worried I'd scratch the paint as I'll be mounting these whenever I take the doors off so I've added a rubber gasket .... and then ground down the mount's bracket where it meets the gaskets to keep it thin and easy to start to thread the stock windshield bracket bolts back in...

I liked the driver's side so much (could see a bit and stayed very stil, no shaking whatsoever) I got a second for the passenger side, they don't give you a great view, but they do give you help, a head check is always a good idea before any lane-change anyway...

the last pic shows the Euro Mirror mounted at the same time as a stock door mounted mirror just to show the size difference.... keeping the Euro Mirror on while running the stock door mirror is possible, it can be swung up or down and out of the way(no contack when dorr is fully open), but you'd be breaking the Euro Mirror sooner or later when they hit...:sad:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Modded Euro Mirrors small1.jpg
Views:	908
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	2513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Modded Euro Mirrors small2.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	2514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Modded Euro Mirrors small3.jpg
Views:	827
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	2515   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Modded Euro Mirrors small4.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	2516  
Old 07-29-2007, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Rugged ridge has a mirror relocation bracket for the JK listed, it moves the mirror to the lower two windsheild bracket bolts. Will it interfere with the windsheild mounted lights? I hope not.

I havent seen it in person, just pictures on the web.

These to me look ok, but i think i like the mini mirror option better, then i only would have to mess with putting them on, not dismantelling the door mirror and then putting it on the new bracket.

Where can i buy these? They look alot better than anything else ive seen that still uses the factory mirrors.

Quick Reply: Nice little mirror from AutoZone for under $16.00 / Simple to install