Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Nice little mirror from AutoZone for under $16.00 / Simple to install

Old 07-30-2007, 04:34 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PurdueSD
Where can i buy these? They look alot better than anything else ive seen that still uses the factory mirrors.

They are to new yet. Quadratec has them listed, but someone said they weren't available quite yet. Give it some time.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Euro Mirror...

I'm getting some as embarassing as the name is. The girlfriend wanted to pop the doors last weekend and I realized that federal law said we couldn't.

Why can't someone market these as the "Freedom Mirror" or something?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
here is what mine look like

Hey, I like these better...more squarish. Were these at Autozone too?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
here is what mine look like

Did you have to use different screws? I have the same mirror and I could not tighten the screws..
Old 08-04-2007, 06:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by verbaltharhino
Euro Mirror...

I'm getting some as embarassing as the name is. The girlfriend wanted to pop the doors last weekend and I realized that federal law said we couldn't.

Why can't someone market these as the "Freedom Mirror" or something?
Cuz their made in China !!!
Old 08-04-2007, 09:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Not sure yet

Just mounted mine today. One on the driver side as well as the passenger side. I didn't realize how limited it was in what you could (or rather couldn't) see. I don't know if I am going to stay with them. Couldn't beat the price though.

On the other hand, what were the ones posted above? They do look more square. Aw crap, I don't know...maybe just wait for the Rugged Ridge relocation brackets.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by azbronco
Just mounted mine today. One on the driver side as well as the passenger side. I didn't realize how limited it was in what you could (or rather couldn't) see. I don't know if I am going to stay with them. Couldn't beat the price though.

On the other hand, what were the ones posted above? They do look more square. Aw crap, I don't know...maybe just wait for the Rugged Ridge relocation brackets.
The square ones are also from Autozone as well. I got them but the did not work for me. You must have to get longer screws to use that one. I think i might get the Mopar #82210557 mirror at this point. More money but I think the one from the Zone was too small anyway.
Old 08-10-2007, 05:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DROCK_IN_NC
Did you have to use different screws? I have the same mirror and I could not tighten the screws..
I did not at auto zone I think it was advanced auto parts. Like 14 bucks.
As far as the screws they are the same ones. What I had to do was take a drill bit to the plastic bracket. The screw would not go in deep enough so with the bit I slowly widened the hole until the head of the bolt/screw would catch the threads donw inside the windshield bracket. I have run it up to about 85 you get alittle vibratiton. but not bad at all. I also leave it on when I put my doors back it. just push it down or up either way. Sorry to took me so long to reply back to you guys.
Andrew
Old 08-13-2007, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

i bought two used safari drop in mirrors for 45 dollars....spent a few extra dollars, got two mirrors that are LARGE and work great....I had the cheap euro mirror and it didnt do anything for me...Also, even if you get pulled over without mirrors it is only equipment ticket....you can put the doors back on and prove you have mirrors, NO FINE

At least in NYS

but yeah, the cheap 14 dollar mirror is def a nice touch, i just wanted something bigger for longer use. And if you can find them used, which you can, id say go for it.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

I put one on today. After a month with no side mirrors this is a great and simple solution.

Quick Reply: Nice little mirror from AutoZone for under $16.00 / Simple to install