Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Nice little mirror from AutoZone for under $16.00 / Simple to install

Old 09-16-2007, 04:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do these chip the paint... it feels like I need to put something between the mirror and the Metal Frame before really tightening it... Any suggestions?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by REL1203
Do these chip the paint... it feels like I need to put something between the mirror and the Metal Frame before really tightening it... Any suggestions?

Drove w/ these for a week or so and no problems w/ it chipping paint...
Old 09-18-2007, 04:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REL1203
I would find some rubber (old inner tube, etc) and make a little gasket, then no worrys!
Old 09-19-2007, 06:13 AM
HEK
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
Finally got mine on. I bought it at Advanced Auto. It was like 14.99. I had to do some mods to the bracket so the bolts would go back in. It will hold for now till do something different. I am strongly thinking about doing the factory mirror relocate and putting the plate thing on the hole in the door. I will try to post pics later.
Andrew
I was begining to think that i was the only one who ahd to modify the bracket , anyway I used them once, tried to leave them on and moving them out of the way with the door back on but couldn't keep from hitting them when opening the doors...I'll keep them for next Summer as the temps are starting to drop here in MA ...
Old 09-19-2007, 05:25 PM
JK Junkie

I just picked up mine today on my way home from work. Auto-Zone had them for $14.99.

While side mirrors are not required in Arkansas, I still feel safer having at least a drivers side mirror.

These mirrors are a great find! Thanks for the write-up
Old 09-22-2007, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I was a little hesitant about the small size, but riding around with no mirrors felt odd.
The mirrors from Autozone were easy to install (just drilled out the top hole, the bottom slot was fine.)
Although small, they do the trick!
Great find, great thread!
Old 09-27-2007, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

This is what I did. It's a "Baby" mirror, for Moms to use to check on the little one in the back seat.

Old 09-27-2007, 05:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07rube
This is what I did. It's a "Baby" mirror, for Moms to use to check on the little one in the back seat.

That is a good idea but how would the law look at it? I thought about doing that also being I had one laying around the house but ended up getting the one I got because of the laws here in Louisiana
Looks good though.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
That is a good idea but how would the law look at it? I thought about doing that also being I had one laying around the house but ended up getting the one I got because of the laws here in Louisiana
Looks good though.
I'm sure Texas has mirror laws, but I've driven past half a dozen cops since I took the doors off and not one of them looked at me twice.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

any thoughts on modding (cutting) that bracket on the euro mirror so that all you have to do is loosen the bolts and slide it off? then you could put the mirror on/off within a minute.

Quick Reply: Nice little mirror from AutoZone for under $16.00 / Simple to install