Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Roof Rack install: Garage Pro sold by JC Whitney for Unlimited JK

Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Job!

Looks good, my only question is what do you have to do to take your top down? Disassemble the rack?
Old 02-10-2013, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All you need to do is remove the horizontal crossbars, they are designed to be easily removed. The main frame sits outside the soft top area and does not interfere.

Last edited by Phantasm; 02-10-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default HELP !!! roof rack part number

I have a 4-door unlimited . JC Whitney online tells me that it will not fit the Unlimited.

Which part number did you order to fit the Unlimited ?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

I make no claims that this is absolutely correct, but ask them or search for:
SKU #: JCW- REPJ520101
Manufacturer #: REPJ520101 it should be the item you want.

You'll note it is on the upper range of price for the nDure rack which accounts for the extra material needed for the Unlimited.

Again, no guarantees, but I'm pretty certain on this. If you confirm it, let us know!!!!

Last edited by DesertJeep; 02-18-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phantasm
I make no claims that this is absolutely correct, but ask them or search for:
SKU #: JCW- REPJ520101
Manufacturer #: REPJ520101 it should be the item you want.

You'll note it is on the upper range of price for the nDure rack which accounts for the extra material needed for the Unlimited.

Again, no guarantees, but I'm pretty certain on this. If you confirm it, let us know!!!!
I put in all the info for a JKU and it says it doesn't fit that model.

Last edited by DesertJeep; 02-18-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by H00LIGAN

I put in all the info for a JKU and it says it doesn't fit that model.
try eBay, the same rack is also being sold as N-dure
Old 02-19-2013, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Default Body Armor Rack

I would suggest that you also try looking for the Body Armor version of this very same rack. Part Number JK-6124 for the 4dr. my guess is that the same little Chinese factory is making this rack for each of the companies that "re-label" the rack with their own names.

The Body Armor rack does not normally include the cross bars, but for me, i never wanted them anyway. I use Thule cross bars, which can come off (or move fore/aft) in seconds, and have solid mounting.

Without the cross bars included, i found the BA rack at $100 less than other ones with the cross bars. And, BA had a $100 rebate when I bought mine. so final price was only $260.

And so far, I have found Body Armor support people to be pretty good. I bought their bumpers too, with only good things to say.

For JCW, yes, their customer support is terrible. I actually had ordered the Garage Pro version from JCW 3 years ago, (based on Phantasm's great posts!) and they simply back-ordered it for 2 months, over and over again, for almost 8 months. i finally just gave up and cancelled that order.

good luck with your search. I still say that this rack is the best bang for your buck around.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by traveler57
I would suggest that you also try looking for the Body Armor version of this very same rack. Part Number JK-6124 for the 4dr. my guess is that the same little Chinese factory is making this rack for each of the companies that "re-label" the rack with their own names.

The Body Armor rack does not normally include the cross bars, but for me, i never wanted them anyway. I use Thule cross bars, which can come off (or move fore/aft) in seconds, and have solid mounting.

Without the cross bars included, i found the BA rack at $100 less than other ones with the cross bars. And, BA had a $100 rebate when I bought mine. so final price was only $260.

And so far, I have found Body Armor support people to be pretty good. I bought their bumpers too, with only good things to say.

For JCW, yes, their customer support is terrible. I actually had ordered the Garage Pro version from JCW 3 years ago, (based on Phantasm's great posts!) and they simply back-ordered it for 2 months, over and over again, for almost 8 months. i finally just gave up and cancelled that order.

good luck with your search. I still say that this rack is the best bang for your buck around.
can you post some pics of the rack and the bumpers? I've been thinking of the rear bumper with the rack
Old 02-27-2013, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 4.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	427627Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 3.jpg
Views:	944
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	427628

here you go guys, I ordered this from JC whitney on Saturday and got it today (Wed)
I got online and went to the chat and checked stock and if this would fit the Unlimited.
They had no idea if this would fit the 4-door unlimited. So after looking at this forum , i decided to take a chance.
and this is what i received.
I'll install in a few days.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

AWESOME!
Looks like it's possible to still get the 4 door rack then. One just needs to know the part numbers and bypass the JC Whitney tech support.

Thanks for taking the chance and verifying!

Quick Reply: Roof Rack install: Garage Pro sold by JC Whitney for Unlimited JK