Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Roof Rack install: Garage Pro sold by JC Whitney for Unlimited JK

Old 11-23-2012, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Light

Originally Posted by traveler57
Here is a better picture of the windshield mounting. note the rack distance/spacing using the antenna as a reference.
this is a 2010 JK unlimited and the Body Armor version of the roof rack.
Attachment 390905
Awesome. Thanks for the info and pictures. I already have the lights mounted, so if I go with this rack they look like they will work. The lights don't come all the way out to the antenna.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing new on the rack really, running 3 crossbars for the winter with the hard top... But Baby got new Shoes this weekend and wanted to show them off

Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 PM
JK Freak

Can someone get me a measurement please? I'd like to know how much space there is between the top of the hard top and the bottom of the rack. Anyone help me out? Thanks!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:29 PM
JK Freak

Be happy to help, need more info. Are you talking between the bottom of the cross bars and the hard top? Or the main rack which isn't actually directly above the hard top, it forms a Halo so to speak.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Phantasm
Be happy to help, need more info. Are you talking between the bottom of the cross bars and the hard top? Or the main rack which isn't actually directly above the hard top, it forms a Halo so to speak.
Both, I suppose. What id like to do is modify the rack to hold the freedom panels between the hard top and the bottom of the cross members. Trying to determine if there's enough space. It appears so, but pics can be deceiving. Thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Default freedom panels

Sounds like a great idea to use the rack for the panels.

Right now, I tend to just leave the panels in the garage (or at the campsite) and hope for no rain.

and putting them under the cross bars keeps them out of the way of my canoe/kayaks.

still around 55 degrees here this week, so I will have to try this. I really hate ever using bunge cords, so I will have to see what will work out best for the mounting.

Dan
Old 12-08-2012, 06:59 AM
JK Freak

It fits fine. Inch and a half of clearance to the bottom of the crossmembers. Probably better to store upside down and with some padding to reduce scratches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121208_105715.jpg
Views:	532
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	396309
Old 12-08-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Outstanding! Thanks for the effort. I'll be sure to keep this thread updated with my progress.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

I noticed that to install the rear brackets you had to go without the factory bracket that attaches from the frame to the bumper. This just leaves the two rear attachment points, correct? Have you run into any issue with those adequately supporting the bumper? Would you still feel comfortable standing on the bumper? Thanks!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

It does weaken the side edges of the bumper. With the pole stuck through the bumper its hard to stand on the bumper anyway. I tend to stand on the tire instead now. I can spider man my way from driver to passenger since I have the rack to hold on to above. Its secure at the corner of the bumper still to step on.

Quick Reply: Roof Rack install: Garage Pro sold by JC Whitney for Unlimited JK