Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Rubicon Owners! Locker Modification!

Old 08-20-2013, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dadof5
Did the mod. Works great! Sure wish there was a bit more wire to work with under the hood. Just lacking the skills to work effectively in small spaces with short wires. All is good though. Got it together in the end.
Well I have to ask, how is your lady taking it? Is she upset? Haha in all seriousness it was a bit difficult with the length of workable wire and space to work especially when your trying to make the wires as discreet ass possible
Old 07-05-2014, 09:11 PM
JK Newbie

So I did this mod yesterday, and I must have done something wrong. I took it wheelin today and as soon as I shifted into 4lo both front and rear would lock up. No matter if the switches were flipped or not. I even tried using the stock switch to disengage the lockers and couldn't do it. The rear locker light stayed solid the whole time I was in 4lo, even tho both front and rear were locked. The only way I could get them to disengage was to go to 4hi. This was extremely frustrating working through tight trails. I'm guessing I have a grounded wire somewhere that should be grounded? Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem maybe? I hate electrical work, I wouldn't have even tried this but everyone makes it look so easy.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have any pictures of your set up, are you sure you taped the right wire at the relay?
Old 07-06-2014, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

I did this as well. On my run of the Rubicon it was much more convenient to use the A-pillar switches than the stock switch at the bottom of the dash.
I also added a safety switch to prevent a bump of the switches causing major issues.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by holaCG
I did this as well. On my run of the Rubicon it was much more convenient to use the A-pillar switches than the stock switch at the bottom of the dash.
I also added a safety switch to prevent a bump of the switches causing major issues.
Nice a-pillar mount. What type or brand?
And the safety switch is that just running the rear locker or front.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2014, 08:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arkain04
And the safety switch is that just running the rear locker or front.

Thanks
Both. Without it switched to the on position neither of the lockers will work. It is there to protect them from getting accidentally bumped and turn on.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

Default question

Hello JK fans !

I am from Europe, I have europe version of JK Rubicon year 2010, type 2,8CRD 130kW/177PS, and please I have one qestion: it is locker solonoids at the LEFT side of battery ? I think that it is.
And second qestion: which colour cabel under steelig wheel for "ESP kill switch" ?

Thank you so much,

Andrew

Here is foto of my JK:

left side of battery

I think that this is right selenoids:

This is Dif locks selenoids ?

Last edited by Neny; 11-28-2018 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:05 AM
JK Newbie

Please can anybody answer me ?
Old 12-08-2018, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

I have already finish. Works perfect

Old 10-18-2019, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Troubles ?

Great write ups... I performed this mod, I tried it in the garage and could hear the rear switch over. I was so excited to hear that. Then the front did not ? So I immediately checked all my connection and ground. Looked good they did. So I put it all back together again and then now the rear won't engage. It will with the factory switch though. Any thoughts on the front not working with this bypass and why now the rear quit working with the switch I just installed. I used the safety toggle switches ... CONFUSED now

Quick Reply: Rubicon Owners! Locker Modification!