Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Shrockworks Jeep JK Wrangler 4-Door Unlimited Rock Sliders Installation Write-Up

Old 05-02-2007, 09:20 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up Shrockworks Jeep JK Wrangler 4-Door Unlimited Rock Sliders Installation Write-Up

I know I've been promising this write-up for a few weeks now and I apologize for not getting it up sooner. But, for those of you who've been wanting to see and know what all is involved in installing a set of these great frame mounted rock sliders, here's what you've been waiting for - click on the link below to see my complete write-up:

Shrockworks Jeep JK Wrangler 4-Door Unlimited Rock Sliders Installation Write-Up

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweet..thanks for the write up WOL...I can't wait to get a set of these.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This may be a dumb question, but I really don't like the way the body seam looks without something covering it. Is there anyway to possibly run the Rubicon rails and the shrockworks as sliders/steps to get in?

I would really like just the rubicon rails on mine but the wife absolutely needs a step to get the little one in the car seat in the back.

The write up is great and they look like a quality product!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:50 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Sweet..thanks for the write up WOL...I can't wait to get a set of these.
Hey, you're very welcome

Originally Posted by Milkman
This may be a dumb question, but I really don't like the way the body seam looks without something covering it. Is there anyway to possibly run the Rubicon rails and the shrockworks as sliders/steps to get in?

I would really like just the rubicon rails on mine but the wife absolutely needs a step to get the little one in the car seat in the back.

The write up is great and they look like a quality product!
Thanks Milkman. Regarding the pinch seams, I hear ya but there is no way you're gonna get Rubicon rails in there at the same time.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Hey, you're very welcome

Thanks Milkman. Regarding the pinch seams, I hear ya but there is no way you're gonna get Rubicon rails in there at the same time.

Why not just paint the pinch seam portion that is below the actual bodyline black? It would hide it.

That is what i plan on doing to mine when i dump the factory sidesteps. (for Shrockrails, but not until i get some more $ in the pot, and they let me see the new bumper design :toung: , i would like to just order both at the same time.)
Old 05-03-2007, 07:31 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Why not just paint the pinch seam portion that is below the actual bodyline black? It would hide it.

That is what i plan on doing to mine when i dump the factory sidesteps. (for Shrockrails, but not until i get some more $ in the pot, and they let me see the new bumper design :toung: , i would like to just order both at the same time.)
You know, that's a great idea but I wonder if you could just use some black vinyl detailing tape instead. I think I might have to go to the parts store today to see if I can find some that's actually wide enough.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TEV has already done this with his, looks good

Thread
Old 05-03-2007, 08:11 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by jeffmarion
TEV has already done this with his, looks good

Thread

Hey! i missed that thread. Yup, i like the way it looks. Although when i first clicked the link and saw the purple i got scared pretty bad.

The tape would probably work, but likely not to well around salt like we have here. to many bends to keep it sealed down tight, it would lift just like factory stickers do on the lowers (over time)
Old 07-14-2007, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got these for my 4 door Sahara....they are stout...seemsless install...the drill bit in the install kit was a surprise....and the stick nuts are to be praised....fine product no dout......my only gripe is the service....i went to the shop and bought a Synthetic rope, Black aluminum fairlead and put $200.00 down on the sliders. We had a planned run to our local off-road park in 4 weeks...i was told by Jim they had a 3 week turn around on them and that i would have them before the run. when i call a few days before the run to check the status im told by Nick it will be another 3 weeks...i told him Jim said they would be ready and nick said he would talk to Jim and get him to call me......a week goes by and no call...SO i e-mail them to find out whats going on and Nick replies to my e-mail asking if Jim has called me...i reply ' no " SO i call and talk to Jim the next day and he tells me they got a bad batch of brackets and that everyones orders have been bumped back. well needless to say, im not happy about it, and im sure he knew that, i then ask he could give me a call if for some new reason they wont be ready in 3 weeks. he tells me " to be honest i would have way too many people to call if i did that, but feel free to call and check on them " and then offers to give me back my 200 bucks. i tell him no ill wait cuz at the time no one else had any sliders available that i wanted....so he tells me they will be ready on 7-6-07 so the 6th comes and goes with no call or e-mail SO i call the next week and im told they will be done on 7-13-07.....SO almost 2 months later i got my Shrockworks Sliders and i love them....yall just need to work harder on the communication and commitment thang i try to do business with local shops, even if it cost more, to do my part to keep them around. maybe if yall offered a rebate on a future purchase for the inconvenience instead of a " sorry, you want your money back? " i would buy a winch too....my winch sucks
Old 07-14-2007, 12:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad they are worth the wait. It's been 2 months for me but it is good to finally know why they are taking so long. I completely understand when something goes wrong with the product and they don't want to send out a faulty unit, but it would of sure been nice to hear from them why it was taking so long. It's just better to do business that way.

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Jeep JK Wrangler 4-Door Unlimited Rock Sliders Installation Write-Up