Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

SmittyBilt XCR Highlift Mount for less than $10

Old 03-25-2010, 10:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice sm-rubi.....I have been wondering about where to put mine....I should have noticed yours when I saw you last time. Tomorrow, mine goes on. Thanks for posting!!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

Thumbs up Nice work!

Sm-Rubi-

Do you have any more pix? Specifically of the rear of the Jeep with the gate closed (comprehensive rear angle).

I am thinking of doing something similar as your antenna mount as well. I have the Teraflex bracket but it rubs against the tire carrier (when installed int he standard location).

Do you have any more shots of that as well?

Thanks, and nice job!
Old 05-05-2010, 03:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubya
Sm-Rubi-
Do you have any more pix? Specifically of the rear of the Jeep with the gate closed (comprehensive rear angle).
I am thinking of doing something similar as your antenna mount as well. I have the Teraflex bracket but it rubs against the tire carrier (when installed int he standard location).
Do you have any more shots of that as well?
Thanks, and nice job!
Thanks Dubya!
Here are the only pics I could find, not sure they'll help you with what you are looking for but I'm no longer running that set up. See pics below for the new setup. For the antenna you just need a couple of large self tapping bolts and you can easliy relocate to the tire carrier (don't forget to ground the carrier after moving from the tailgate )
closed inside looking out view

Now I'm running the RockHard Trail rack which is sectioned to sit lower. It bolts directly to the SmittyBilt Tire Carrier and I had mounts welded onto it for my CB antenna and Highlift. I'll try to get more pics but here are a few to give you and idea of what I did. Oh yeah also running the Rockhard Tank Mounts without any modification. They bolted right on...

Old 07-09-2010, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
And with no drilling!
This is a really simple modification to allow for mounting a 48” highlift horizontally like mine or a 60” highlift if you mount at an angle. The parts used for this install are
2 – M12 Bolts 4” in length
2 – Lock Nuts
2 – Nuts
2 – Washers
No cutting!

First you’ll have to remove the spare tire and you might have to move the mount down. I’m running 35” tire and had the mount sort of high which interfered with the holes in the spare mount plate. As you can see from this pic those holes (spare mounting plate) are used for the bolts.

This next part takes a few trail and error attempts to get the highlift in an area that will clear the tailgate. Not hard but the weight of the highlift makes it a little more difficult...not hard.

Now just insert the bolts and on the back side of the spare mount plate use a washer and the lock nut. You might need a rat tail file but I found you can insert the bolt with a little effort. I think that I might have used a ratchet wrench to power the bolt through the little bit of overlap that's in the way of the hole (you'll see what I mean when you get to this point)

Now I said there's no drilling but this is the part that takes a little effort as the holes for the highlift and the holes in the spare mount plate are not perfectly aligned.

What I did was used a rubber mallot to move the bolts together but it's pretty close so if there was a second set of hands I would have been able to put the bolt through one of the highlift holes then pull it across to the other side...it's tight.

Next just screw the two nuts on and you're finished...a simple less than $10 way to mount that Highlift onto your Smittybilt XRC or SRC bumper.

Hey - is that a Smittybilt 3rd brake light relocation kit? What is the part # for that? I need one.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by babbott
Hey - is that a Smittybilt 3rd brake light relocation kit? What is the part # for that? I need one.
Yeah it's the SmittyBilt Carrier 3rd Brake Light Relocation Kit (fits the XRC/SRC Tire carriers) and the PN is SB2725.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Perfect - Thanks!
Old 11-19-2017, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

I know it’s an old thread but I can’t see the pics

Quick Reply: SmittyBilt XCR Highlift Mount for less than $10