Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Soft Top Window Storage on the go

Old 03-20-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just roll the rear window up on itself, leaving it attached to the softop using the snap & strap. I roll the side windows together and place in a homemade nylon bag. You could also use a folding chair bag.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, I'm totally doing it wrong!! I just rolll em up and throw em in the back! what are we protecting them from anyway? They are not the best to look out of brand new from the factory.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

As was said a couple posts before by someone else, my windows weren't crystal clear from the get go. I roll the rear up on itself, though I usually take it to the car wash before I take the top down as I plan to leave it down as along as possible. The quarter windows, I store along with my doors in Bestop door storage bags. I also have a boot over the retracted soft top.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:06 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Tweakecho
They are not the best to look out of brand new from the factory.
Oh.....so by all means be sure and scratch the hell out of them even more by not giving a shit....
Old 03-20-2011, 09:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just leave the rear attached and roll it up.
I used 3 pieces of muslin hemmed on all 4 sides and sewn together on one edge for the side windows. I then lay them on a curved black plastic sheet like you see for putting leaves in garbage bags and roll it all up (think cheap plastic toboggan but wider). The plastic shields from weather the muslin shields from scratching.

One thing not to do is store the windows side by side with moisture (dew/condensation) between them. Especially if you let them lay out in the sun. It will haze the plastic badly.

Quick Reply: Soft Top Window Storage on the go