Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Used Stock switch panel to control heated seats

Old 01-03-2010, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just pulled my switch panel out to install the heated seat switches. Once I got it apart there is no room for the switches because there is a printed circuit board that runs the entire length of the switch assembly. Anyone else have the same issue?
Old 01-03-2010, 04:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, this is on of the best switch installs I have seen. Good job.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnut
I just pulled my switch panel out to install the heated seat switches. Once I got it apart there is no room for the switches because there is a printed circuit board that runs the entire length of the switch assembly. Anyone else have the same issue?
The switches I used fit between the switchplate and the circuit board with no issues. You may need to look for smaller switches.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My problem is I have a Rubicon. Looks good though, nice mod.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Menard666
My problem is I have a Rubicon. Looks good though, nice mod.
Is that really a problem??
Old 01-07-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Newbie

I just ordered some wet olkole covers. Did you use their seat heaters or di you get them from someone else?
Old 01-13-2010, 09:18 PM
JK Newbie

I'll expand some on this topic. Thanks to PHLJeeper for the inspiration. I decided to tear into this because you can buy a new switch panel for around 30 bucks so if you totally tear it up, it doesn't cost much to get back to stock.

This is a great place for switches but these switches are tight fitting in here. I even had to cut the end of the tabs because it was too deep and hitting the circuit board. I found this switch at Autozone.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Default Can I see pictures of your switch placement?

[QUOTE=phljeeper;1439811]I hard wired my Wet Okole heated seats through a relay and a switch on the dash. Searched all over for the best spot to mount the switches, and decided to use the stock switch panel. It wasn't quite as simple as I thought since the blanks don't just pull out. You have to remove the entire panel and take it apart. Sorry, forgot to take pictures while apart, but here is the end result.

Hi, I'd like to see the pictures you posted but they wont come up and are not clickable, can you post theme again? Thanks

2001 TJ
2016 JK
Old 04-01-2017, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The pics don't seem to be working anymore and I have no idea where they are. I sold the jeep and have a new one so can't reproduce. Mine look just like the other posts in this thread though. You can make it work just get small switches and take your time cutting.

Quick Reply: Used Stock switch panel to control heated seats