Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Allen Samuels Jeep Chrysler Really Shafted me Mike Paschall Lin Corey Jason Falbo

Old 01-18-2012, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by matprovo
Whew that's a lot to read. Bottom line is that all dealerships are in it to make money. I bought mine from River Oaks two weeks ago and probably won't buy from them again. They were not horrible but they certainly didn't go above and beyond to earn my business. Any dealership can and will take advantage of you. From the sales transaction to the finance douche bags. They are the worst. I argued with the finance guy at RO over .04%, that's 2.99 he wanted to give me versus 2.95 I was already approved for. He said I was crazy for not taking 2.99 when it's a higher rate. He eventually gave me 2.5. That FKR. Arguing saying its the best deal ever then five minutes later giving me a better one.

Anyway, that's my rant. At least you have a kick a$$ jeep.

There is a meet and greet this Saturday in spring/cypress.
bummer, only day i get off is Sundays....have to make it sometime...Katy chapter is at wild wings on I-10 at west green....first friday of the month 7pm till?...buy ya a or two
Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Dwb
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bamoman
yea i have no dout this is all my fault for putting my trust in a dealership with such a high level of respectibilty. I suspect Allen Samuels baited me into ordering a jeep with the quote of $19,340.00...and its my suspition that they planned to low-ball me from the get go and if i didnt go along they could sell the jeep for more on the lot...win win for the dealer...i called Mike Paschall on the phone and asked him if i was getting any credit for the bumpers on the jeep. he sad " to be honest i dout you are getting anything for them...at the most $200.00 " i said ok then i am going to take them off and replace the factory bumpers and maybe put the old bumpers on the new jeep. he said that sounds like a good idea. at no time when i went to trade in and pick up my new jeep did anyone tell me taking the bumpers off " Lowered " my trade in value. at no time was taking anything of the jeep mentioned to me. if they had said so i would have not taken the HUGE trouble to find and buy factory bumpers, as i had given mine away to buddies in my off-road club years ago, and the trouble of remove/install.I commented to Mike Paschall on the phone and face to face many times how happy i was gonna be to get a hardtop as the soft top was lousy on long trips. he knew i wanted a hardtop and i guess he didnt make it clear to me what options were ordered as i didnt get a hardtop or remote start on the jeep that arrived. i have heard from many ppl on this and other forums that the dealer should have taken the trade when we ordered and gave me a loaner till the new jeep showed up to protect themselves. i suspect if i had said go ahead and take the jeep now they would have backed out of the deal right there. the dealer knowing i needed my old jeep to get back and forth to work till the new jeep showed up had me over a barrel...lesson learned...ill always have a back up plan ( like taking my trade somewhere else for a trade in value ) and never do business with Allen Samules dealerships anywhere, as i have received many comments about Allen Samules dealerships from all over...not just the one in Katy Texas i have dealt with.

I almost had this same experience at Texas Dodge in Amarillo. They made a half hearted effort to find the 012 that I wanted. Then they talked me into just ordering one, so I did, almost. As I was going over the final order I noticed in the trade in portion,my jeep description. Then it said " trade in values to be determined upon vehicle delivery". Sales manager couldn't do any better than that, then I couldn't order a new Jeep......and I walked out. Will never purchase another vehicle there again. This jeep would have made the fourth vehicle I've purchased from them in the last 10 years. No skin off my nose, but they lost a good customer.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I started an order for an 07 Rubi Unlimited in early 07 when they opened ordering. I put down a $500 check with Hoyte Jeep in Sherman, TX. It took the factory forever and after 8 wks without even getting my order sheet in the build cycle, I went to the dealer and canx'd the deal. (I purchased a used Cayenne instead, but that's another story) They gave me my original check back from my file and called me first when the Jeep hit the dealer to see if I still wanted it, and they would honor the deal we made back in September. After the Porsche purchase I wasn't in a position to buy the Jeep, but it was nice that they called me and offered to honor the deal. I sold the Porsche later and purchased an 08 Rubi Unlimited when Chrysler was going down and giving them away. Hoyte let me have an 08 Rubi Unlimited with auto, sat rad, etc for 26K out the door. After the CRD comes to USA, I'm going back to Scott at Hoyte to order it up.

Last edited by RobtTxRubi; 02-17-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Some dealers just suck.

They were never going to give you what they quoted you for trade. They knew that soon as you ordered that they could rip you off. The good thing is you only lost around $300 vs. over $2000. This best thing to do is just find one you like and make a deal. If they don't have the one you want, leave them a list of things you want on a Jeep and your phone number and tell them to call you when they have what your looking for. They'll do a search and call you. They'll only tell you its not available to get you to order and then rip you off on a trade quote.

I would write them one last letter to get your deposit back and include the article you intend to publish in the paper if your deposit isn't returned by a certain date. What they don't realize is that just this thread alone has costed them more than the $300 they stole from you.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

There is still profit for the dealer when they sell vehicles at invoice it's called dealer hold back. They are also making money on the financing when they feed you the bs of you won't find a better rate anywhere. Just ask them what their buy rate is and watch the look on their face. Even on a nothing deal the dealer will still benefit because they move another unit which will help them to meet their manufacturer quota so they can maintain or get a larger dealer allocation the next model year. Point is dealers have been bullshitting people for ever. There are a few salesmen and managers out there that will shoot you straight but they are few and far between. I understand everybody needs to make money but don't feed me shit and tell me it's birthday cake.

Quick Reply: Allen Samuels Jeep Chrysler Really Shafted me Mike Paschall Lin Corey Jason Falbo