Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

SE Texas

Old 07-06-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is going to be the first time to make a run in the Jeep. What are the things I will need to bring? Also, how long does this run take? Wife was thinking about spending a few hours down at Crystal Beach so the daughter can play.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

This will be my first time to do a run in the JKU as well, and I am definitely looking forward to it! Looks like I might be off next weekend so far, and my lift kit will be in tomorrow evening so hopefully I will be able to get it installed this weekend without issues.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anyone needs help doing any installs or psychical labor I'm usually free on all weekends just give me a little notice and I'll be more then willing to help.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepLife101
This is going to be the first time to make a run in the Jeep. What are the things I will need to bring? Also, how long does this run take? Wife was thinking about spending a few hours down at Crystal Beach so the daughter can play.
Basic tools, zip ties, bungee cords, tow straps, possibly a shovel for this one. Bring anything you think you would need if you were to be stuck on the beach alone! Ice chest, snacks etc. Even tho there will be others to help u out. Just incase.
Run should take us about 2 to 3 hrs, one way. It's 20+ miles of beach, who really knows...
Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knnphillips
If anyone needs help doing any installs or psychical labor I'm usually free on all weekends just give me a little notice and I'll be more then willing to help.
Wow, just spent 5 hours putting new RR bumper on JK, wish I'd seen earlier, definitely worth a case for help. Still need to do winch and lift.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXCheney

Wow, just spent 5 hours putting new RR bumper on JK, wish I'd seen earlier, definitely worth a case for help. Still need to do winch and lift.
I did the lift on my TJ so if you need help let me know and I don't drink beer so I'll be the sober worker.

Just ordered a CB Teraflex Mount and 3 foot Firestick hope to have them in and installed before the run. Just gotta find someone who can tune it....

Last edited by knnphillips; 07-06-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knnphillips
I did the lift on my TJ so if you need help let me know and I don't drink beer so I'll be the sober worker.

Just ordered a CB Teraflex Mount and 3 foot Firestick hope to have them in and installed before the run. Just gotta find someone who can tune it....
I don't drink either (the boring one), but I didn't say a case of what
I don't have a tuner, but the CB is really easy to do. I put one on my son's TJ with out a hitch and I am not exactly the most mechanically or electrically inclined
Old 07-06-2011, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't drink either (the boring one), but I didn't say a case of what
I don't have a tuner, but the CB is really easy to do. I put one on my son's TJ with out a hitch and I am not exactly the most mechanically or electrically inclined
The kit I bought is suppose to come with a tuner. We shall see hope it'll be in by next Friday so I can atleast have it in for the ride. Won't have a top or tires yet though. Riding on slicks it is.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Were you installing both the front and rear and taking many breaks? I think it took me about 45 minutes to take my old one off and install the new one, and then about 1.5hrs to install the new winch...

Installing this Teraflex lift kit Saturday will probably take most of the day I am sure...
Old 07-06-2011, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ke5rto

Were you installing both the front and rear and taking many breaks? I think it took me about 45 minutes to take my old one off and install the new one, and then about 1.5hrs to install the new winch...

Installing this Teraflex lift kit Saturday will probably take most of the day I am sure...
If you need help PM me I'm free this weekend.

Quick Reply: SE Texas