Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Mid-West Run - Superlift ORV (Hot Springs, AR) July 24-26

Old 06-23-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Panther ranch place seems a little expensive, it may be cheaper to go in on a big house together if we have bedrooms.

Let me know,

Red

p.s. Adam seriously you better come bro!!!

Marvin
Squirrel Killer
Washington mike
stang jeeper
R U guys gonna make it?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK
The Panther ranch place seems a little expensive, it may be cheaper to go in on a big house together if we have bedrooms.

Let me know,

Red

p.s. Adam seriously you better come bro!!!

Marvin
Squirrel Killer
Washington mike
stang jeeper
R U guys gonna make it?
$130 a night for a nice cabin is expensive? Hell my room at the Hampton costs more than that....thats really pretty cheap for what you get. No argument that if we split some houses we could make it the most affordable for everyone though.

I think the bottom line is we have a bunch of options - especially since its a tourist driven town, looks like tons of condos, houses, hotels, and lodges that are at our disposal.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Guys the one house that i was looking at never called back( Iknow the house can't talk but the owner didn't call)
So i found this one that i think we could all stay at and it would be fairly cheap.I appears to be about 30 to 45 min from super lift though.I 've been to the lake its on and it very very pretty. and as of now it's open for that weekend

.vrbo.com/47497#ownerprofile

I'll be looking all night tonight and i'll try to post a few options.

If you could try to let me know who all is planning to stay with us and try to let me know ASAP. If you want to call me my cell is 405-205-9051 and you can call any time I work nights and right now i'm not really sleeping so you can call 24 hours

Mike
Old 06-23-2009, 09:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by odin725
Ok Guys the one house that i was looking at never called back( Iknow the house can't talk but the owner didn't call)
So i found this one that i think we could all stay at and it would be fairly cheap.I appears to be about 30 to 45 min from super lift though.I 've been to the lake its on and it very very pretty. and as of now it's open for that weekend

.vrbo.com/47497#ownerprofile

I'll be looking all night tonight and i'll try to post a few options.

If you could try to let me know who all is planning to stay with us and try to let me know ASAP. If you want to call me my cell is 405-205-9051 and you can call any time I work nights and right now i'm not really sleeping so you can call 24 hours

Mike
I would say you hit the gold mine!

That would be perfect for everybody. Find out the $$$ and get back with us.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Big A
I would say you hit the gold mine!

That would be perfect for everybody. Find out the $$$ and get back with us.

Looks like somewhere around 50 to 75 bucks a night if we have 6 sets of people I have 3 paying groups so far ME, Cub23,And my buddie.
so if you make it Adam, then Jack, and Heath. that puts it at like 94 bucks each for both nights + fees and taxes.

I maped it and it says about 47 min to superlift.

I'm trying to talk my wife in to comming along- who all is bringing thier spouses??

there is also these 2
.vrbo.com/75774
.vrbo.com/233278

these would be a little closer to superlift. the one downtown i would think would be 20 min or less away
Old 06-24-2009, 04:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm bringing mine - but I gotta be honest, I'm not interested in staying that far away from Hot Springs.

This is pretty much our only vacation for the rest of the year (aside from a couple trips to Disney) so I'm not really interested in going for the cheapest option necessarily either. My wife and I are more interested in comfort - so you guys should probably count me out of the house plans.

I'm not opposed to staying somewhere with you guys though if we can find something that's more what we were thinking...

My wife is going to be mostly shopping and such, possibly wheeling if I can convince her. We both have Friday off though officially now, so we're locked in for going.

Last edited by JackMac4; 06-24-2009 at 04:30 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JackMac4
$130 a night for a nice cabin is expensive? Hell my room at the Hampton costs more than that....thats really pretty cheap for what you get. No argument that if we split some houses we could make it the most affordable for everyone though.

I think the bottom line is we have a bunch of options - especially since its a tourist driven town, looks like tons of condos, houses, hotels, and lodges that are at our disposal.
The Panther ranch really did not look that outrageous for price to me either.

Like Jack, the wife is coming on this trip, and we are making it a longer vacation outing...plan on spending some additional time in the area, and then taking a leisurely see what is along the way path back home later after the weekend.

Depending on how tough we do will determine whether the wife comes to wheel with us or not...so if we do decide to do some tough trails, having a nice place for her to stay behind at is a must.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Area-51
The Panther ranch really did not look that outrageous for price to me either.

Like Jack, the wife is coming on this trip, and we are making it a longer vacation outing...plan on spending some additional time in the area, and then taking a leisurely see what is along the way path back home later after the weekend.

Depending on how tough we do will determine whether the wife comes to wheel with us or not...so if we do decide to do some tough trails, having a nice place for her to stay behind at is a must.
If it gets to hairy she can take pictures with my wife Thats how I get to play were I want.
Old 06-25-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Junkie

I just glanced at the site and I thought it said $160 a night and I think that is a little expensive for Arkansas. This is not my only vacation and I just dropped 1600.00 in South Carolina a couple weeks ago and I am planning a few others as well so it makes it a little easier if I try to be a little thrifty. I can stay in Navarre florida at a nice place for 100 bucks a night with a pool and it is only 6 hours futher plus swinning and beachin all day and sand volleyball all night - - it just seemed a little high at 160 in the middle of arkansas - I assumed it would be cheaper these are like Chicago prices.

.vrbo.com/47497#ownerprofile - Ok, as far as the big group cabin, that looks good to me also, and if there is not enough room my wife and I, we could stay in the 2 person cabin right by the big home, its only 75 bucks a night. If the group wants to be closer to superlift I am fine with that too.

.vrbo.com/75774 - this one looks ok, too but may be a little short on hang out room

.vrbo.com/233278 - this one looks better it has 2 1\2 baths I think we may need the bathrooms

I am fine with what ever, We are fine with renting our own place or working together to find a place or what ever. I think it would be cool if we don't all stay together to at least stay near eachother so we can hang out and grill or something.

Wiredog are you thinking about staying with the group or a separate place? Call me.

Red
Old 06-25-2009, 05:44 AM
JK Junkie

I have reservations at the Hampton Inn, but odin got me thinking so I looked around. Here is a place that is right down the street from the park, and looks kinda neat and unique. I might check it out... panthervalleyranch.com.

They have several little cottages, so it might be a cool place if several of us stay there. Let me know if you're interested in something like this..
Jack maybe if you call them and tell them we would rent 6 or more cabins maybe they will drop it too 100 per night. Just a thought a group always gets you a better rate.

Red

Quick Reply: Mid-West Run - Superlift ORV (Hot Springs, AR) July 24-26