Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Quad Cities: Moline, Rock Island, Davenport,Bettendorf.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been meaning to get to one since I knew about them 2 months ago. Sadly I have a work presentation Thursday morning so I'll be prepping the ol' power points and notes. Fun...=\
Old 11-06-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

i was suppose to go to des moines tomorrow night but my office partner needed some time away from the family so he offered to go ...hellof a guy.... so i may check it out...
Old 11-06-2012, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you do let us know how it goes. Hope there's a good turn out.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

I have not been to a "monthly" meeting with the club but I did go to one of their 4x4 events at DK this past summer and I can tell you they are a bunch of good guys! Lotta different rigs out there, not many JKs tho. I've been seeing more and more modded 4drs around town. Is that crush the one I've seen on the island?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nah I don't work on the island. I work down near harvester for John Deere. I haven't seen to many crushes around here though.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

true i was in davenport sunday and saw a nice silver one moded with a full rack on the back tire carrier heading north on 61 on my way down then 6 hours later on my way back to Dewitt i saw it again heading south on 61 first time i have ever seen that one but whom ever it is it is a nice looking rig....

need a jk club lol.... i have noticed that most of the club around here are buggies and old jeeps i love my jeep and have no interest in doing some of the stuff they do for the simple fact that i drive it every day and i dont need tree rash all over it... I loved going to south dakota had enough rocks and trails that it would test your jeep but not completely f it up... IMO

Last edited by JK-1; 11-07-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

yea the crush isn't very common here yet but the one I saw looked just like yours!(which I like btw) I also saw my first gecko the other day. As for the silver one, I think I saw that one too...did it look like an expedition modded one with jerry cans on the rear rack and what looked like a large tent folded up on top? Whether or not a "jk club" gets formed is one thing but we should definitely do a suds & grub sometime!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Freak

thats the silver one i saw too... suds and grub would be cool count me in for that... i didnt make it to the meeting tonight forgot i had a meeting for work tonight...

as for knowing all the jeeps in the area i'm mostly in DeWitt and Clinton i know all the ones in Dewitt and a few of the many in Clinton.. dont get to davenport as much as i use to but there is a nice red rubi in eldridge that i saw almost every day on the way to work that a girl drove and made me wont one every time i saw it and i finally couldnt take it and bought one...also i remember seeing a moded black one running around Davenport but i think it was on the island and he was military so may not be around anymore

i find myself looking for jk's when i'm driving around its kinda weird
Old 11-08-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MASJKF84
Nah I don't work on the island. I work down near harvester for John Deere. I haven't seen to many crushes around here though.
well it may not have been your crush on the island but there's no doubt it was you parading through downtown Rock Island with me today! Nice rig! Did you paint those shackles or did you buy them that way? It's a nice contrast to the bumper!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-1
i find myself looking for jk's when i'm driving around its kinda weird
I hear ya....I find myself doing that too!

Quick Reply: Quad Cities: Moline, Rock Island, Davenport,Bettendorf.