Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Quad Cities: Moline, Rock Island, Davenport,Bettendorf.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Quad Cities: Moline, Rock Island, Davenport,Bettendorf.

New to town. Local Clubs? QCJeepers? Trails? Shops. Currently looking for some new tires an alignment shop that knows how to handle my JK with some TLC. I also have CJ project in progress that I'll be looking to get going.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to the Quad Cities...... There are a few clubs QC Jeepers and Tri state stump jumpers.... there are two places that do good work (i like to do my own but) sport truck specialtis in Davenport (does everthing from off road to bed lines kinda pricy) and DK 4wheel in Moline (this cat makes his own buggies) both good places.... there are a few parks not to far away The Cliffs is pry the closest but bandlands is about 4 hours away and its worth the drive.. of course the clubs have alot of there own land..
Old 10-24-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Freak

A good alingment shop is Firstone by the north park mall thats where i take mine and as far as i know the is where the jeep shop take theirs.... they have the alingment for live deal there too well worth it.. as far as tires go it seems everyone around here loves tires cuz nitto trail grapplers are about $30-40 more a tire then you can order them from Discount tire... at least that is what i have found i'm planning on a day road trip (1hour away) to Rockford to discount tire to have my new ones put on just cuz i know i wont have an issue with them having a machine big enough to balance them..

Where you from.... and of all places how in the world did you end you here..lol
Old 10-27-2012, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-1
A good alingment shop is Firstone by the north park mall thats where i take mine and as far as i know the is where the jeep shop take theirs.... they have the alingment for live deal there too well worth it.. as far as tires go it seems everyone around here loves tires cuz nitto trail grapplers are about $30-40 more a tire then you can order them from Discount tire... at least that is what i have found i'm planning on a day road trip (1hour away) to Rockford to discount tire to have my new ones put on just cuz i know i wont have an issue with them having a machine big enough to balance them..

any trails around the Rockford area?
Old 10-28-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been to DK Four Wheel for a couple of small things and Dave has always treated me right.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK-1

Thanks for the advice. I agree that Trail Grapplers are a little more expensive than I would like, but I got a set from Duck Creek Tire. Seem to be a good shop too eventhough they are having some trouble dialing in my alignement.. I've done all the work on my JK myself and I was rebuilding my CJ too before the move. I just don't have the time right now with all that is going on and need some places to help out. I enjoy the wrenching part alot.

Originally Posted by MASJKF84
I've been to DK Four Wheel for a couple of small things and Dave has always treated me right.
I stopped by there the other day. We talked Jeeps for 45 minutes and I could have stayed there for much longer. Might have him do some work for me. Seems like a good guy.

I don't think I'll make the next QCJeepers but I'll check it out soon.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not to hijack... But do you guys know of any place around here to weld c gussets? Dave at dk said he would do it, but hasn't done it before.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

Not to hijack... But do you guys know of any place around here to weld c gussets? Dave at dk said he would do it, but hasn't done it before.
i dont but if you can find someone that welds im sure we could get it done... sounds like a good weekend project.....
Old 10-31-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

NO Hijack at all my intention is that this thread is for the locals to discuss. I would think Dave could do it without an issue and they obviously do a good bit of welding with the rockcrawlers there. However, my understanding is the stock ball joints have some plastic, which mean you need a good welder or the plastic is gone. I'm interested in doing the same thing so I'm interested in what direction you go.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

are any f you going to the qcjeeper"s meeting tomorrow night....

Quick Reply: Quad Cities: Moline, Rock Island, Davenport,Bettendorf.