Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5" lift on 2dr JK

Old 06-09-2017, 08:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" lift on 2dr JK

I'm sure there's many past post of this but I'm looking to find a 2.5" lift set up that is going to give me the best ride. Not looking for the serious off road setup, mostly back road/dirt road driving. Looking to run a 33" all terrain tire. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:05 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

So we offer a 2" lift with new progressive coils and shocks, your choice of our adjustable RS9000Xl or the RS5000X.
Easily fit 33" tires.

It is between 2.25" and 2.5"

Some will add this too
Rancho Control Arm Correction Brackets - RS6250B

It might fill your needs, and it is on rebate now too.

Promotions

Good luck on your search.
Thanks Matt
Old 06-10-2017, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I ran a budget boost for years and it rode like stock. If you want a stock feel, might want to check that route.
As to brand of BB, you'll find plenty of opinions there
Old 06-12-2017, 10:34 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Not a whole lot of responses on this thread, so I'd throw this out there. "a good ride" is typically associated with having properly addressed your caster. You could probably throw any 2.5" lift, or piece together the appropriate components, and pair that with some castor correction brackets for your factory arms and end up with a pretty decent ride. The loss of ground clearance with the brackets doesn't sound like it would be a big deal to you. Most lifted jeeps that drive like junk have failed to correct the caster. Geo brackets are fairly inexpensive too....$80 - $110 range....with Rancho's 1-piece design closer to $140. The AEV and Rubicon Express brackets offer 3 mounting positions for various ride heights which is nice.

The other big factor in ride is gonna be shocks, but all that is going to be personal opinion. The gas shocks are going to be a lot rougher riding in general if not adjustable.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can run 33's with no lift. Or throw some cheap 3/4" spacers in the front if you really want it done on the cheap. A better question for you is why have you selected 2.5" lift if you just want to run 33's and no hard core off road? I only ask that to help understand your desire not to criticize? Are you sure you need it?
Old 06-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Smile

We upgraded ours a while back to accommodate various heights easier.

Originally Posted by resharp001
Not a whole lot of responses on this thread, so I'd throw this out there. "a good ride" is typically associated with having properly addressed your caster. You could probably throw any 2.5" lift, or piece together the appropriate components, and pair that with some castor correction brackets for your factory arms and end up with a pretty decent ride. The loss of ground clearance with the brackets doesn't sound like it would be a big deal to you. Most lifted jeeps that drive like junk have failed to correct the caster. Geo brackets are fairly inexpensive too....$80 - $110 range....with Rancho's 1-piece design closer to $140. The AEV and Rubicon Express brackets offer 3 mounting positions for various ride heights which is nice.

The other big factor in ride is gonna be shocks, but all that is going to be personal opinion. The gas shocks are going to be a lot rougher riding in general if not adjustable.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:56 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Originally Posted by Rancho
We upgraded ours a while back to accommodate various heights easier.

Ah, I was glancing at an older model on Amazon. Nice to see actually 4 adjustable mounts there. I helped someone install some RE ones last weekend. I can tell you that while laying on on my back on the ground, a 1-piece design seemed like a lot better idea! LOL. When people look at the price, they just need to realize you're offering more mounting options along with 1-piece convenience. I can see now the price premium over the other available brackets.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:07 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Totally true!!!
So much easier to install the one piece design.

Originally Posted by resharp001
Ah, I was glancing at an older model on Amazon. Nice to see actually 4 adjustable mounts there. I helped someone install some RE ones last weekend. I can tell you that while laying on on my back on the ground, a 1-piece design seemed like a lot better idea! LOL. When people look at the price, they just need to realize you're offering more mounting options along with 1-piece convenience. I can see now the price premium over the other available brackets.

Quick Reply: 2.5" lift on 2dr JK