Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2.5" lift gains 3.5" is this right?

Old 01-19-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5" lift gains 3.5" is this right?

I just got done installing my 2.5" RC lift on my 2 door. I gained 3.5". I now there will be some settling but I didnt think it would be 1" . Is this right?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yup they use the same springs on the 4 doors so they give the 2 doors more lift
Old 01-19-2013, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

It will settle right? If it dont I guess i need to look into a new drive shaft right?
I hope it dont settle Its growing on me
Old 01-19-2013, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

It shoud settle but i dont think it'll drop down too much and i would get a driveshaft sooner than later lol
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Value for $!! LoL!!

What size tires u running?

Run your stock DS for a while, but I would have recommended a DS upgrade anyway, even with a 2.5" lift on a 2 door. Kinda of a bummer, but at least you will be done with that upgrade.

I also have a 2 door, and did the TF 2.5 coil lift, but used the 4 door spec'd coils, plus I added a .5 spacer in the front and a 1 inch spacer in the rear. I upgraded my front and rear DS at the same time. I couldnt see spending money on tires, rims, lift, and everything else, and then risk tearing up my transfer case or something else if my DS was not right.

I know its not fun having to spend more $ on these unforeseen impacts, but your close to being done with the spend. I think the biggest part is the tires, rims, and lift.

Good luck with your build.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do your rear ds first. But no need to rush out and do it right away. I got almost 2 years out of my rear before it started to act up.

I was running a 3.5" lift on my 2 door.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dojohnso
Value for $!! LoL!!

What size tires u running?

Run your stock DS for a while, but I would have recommended a DS upgrade anyway, even with a 2.5" lift on a 2 door. Kinda of a bummer, but at least you will be done with that upgrade.

I also have a 2 door, and did the TF 2.5 coil lift, but used the 4 door spec'd coils, plus I added a .5 spacer in the front and a 1 inch spacer in the rear. I upgraded my front and rear DS at the same time. I couldnt see spending money on tires, rims, lift, and everything else, and then risk tearing up my transfer case or something else if my DS was not right.

I know its not fun having to spend more $ on these unforeseen impacts, but your close to being done with the spend. I think the biggest part is the tires, rims, and lift.

Good luck with your build.
I am still useing the stock 255/75/17 that came on it. I got the lift at Christmas and was waiting to put it on till I could make up my mind on tires. I still aint made up my mind on tires so I went ahead and put the lift on. I guess I well will put my bumper, winch, and light bar on today, then all I have to do is find the tires I want.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by scratchkenny
It will settle right? If it dont I guess i need to look into a new drive shaft right?
I hope it dont settle Its growing on me
Yes it will settle. RC springs are known to sag over time anyways. I wouldn't worry about it

Quick Reply: 2.5" lift gains 3.5" is this right?