Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2.5 teraflex lift question

Old 11-11-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkmadness

how did you remove the front brake lines from that bracket...i'm in the same boat...i've tried pulling them out but it was hard and i was afraid to break them....
Well my method wasn't too hard but it was a little scary lol. I put the vise grips on the bracket and had my buddy hold it really tight while I took an air cutter with 3" cut off wheel and started cutting along the bracket where the line is clamped in. But u have to be really careful not to cut completely through the bracket. I cut about 1/2 way through it then took so channel locks and just peeled the clamped part open and remove the brake line. I wish I had pics cuz its kinda hard to explain.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob-o
Well my method wasn't too hard but it was a little scary lol. I put the vise grips on the bracket and had my buddy hold it really tight while I took an air cutter with 3" cut off wheel and started cutting along the bracket where the line is clamped in. But u have to be really careful not to cut completely through the bracket. I cut about 1/2 way through it then took so channel locks and just peeled the clamped part open and remove the brake line. I wish I had pics cuz its kinda hard to explain.
Thank you. i will give it a shot.

Quick Reply: 2.5 teraflex lift question