Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2007 Jeep JK Bumpers with 37"Tires

Old 03-16-2007, 12:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2007 Jeep JK Bumpers with 37"Tires

Guys need your help. I am in the process of ordering 2007 Wrangler 4dr Front and Rear Chrome Tubular Bumpers MOPAR for my 2007 Wrangler. I am also going with 37"Mikey Thompson Tires. I am afraid that 37"Tires will not fit on the stock Tire Carrier or these new Bumpers. I have checked all the websites and so far only HighRock 4X4™ Oversize Tire Carrier For 2007 Jeep Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK is available even that I am not sure. Any ideas or advise what should I do. May be a oversize Tire Carrier Adaptor perhaps??????
Old 03-16-2007, 12:56 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zak
. May be a oversize Tire Carrier Adaptor perhaps??????
Bestop makes one if your going that route.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Clayton Off Road

A 37 is going to be a good amount of weight on the stock door. I would think about a new bumper tire carrier combo. I have one on order from Jeeperman. Should be here mid next week. I am also running 37s. I will take some pics once it is installed. There is a write-up about a Lod bumper tire carrier also. Looks like a nice setup.

Goodluck

Last edited by 99BoggerTJ; 03-16-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just finished my lift (4.5 RE Long Arm) and installed 37 x 13.50. So far the only thing that rubs is the plastic "skid plate" that is on the bottom of the front bumper, but just barely at full wheel lock, but I haven't wheeled it yet. As for the stock spare tire carrier, yeah right There's no way. I have 17" wheels with 4.75 back space. I have the Jeeperman rear on order, if it would only get here sometime this year!

I know, I know I'll get pics up after the Jeeperman rear gets here.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Clayton Off Road

Originally Posted by Jasson
I just finished my lift (4.5 RE Long Arm) and installed 37 x 13.50. So far the only thing that rubs is the plastic "skid plate" that is on the bottom of the front bumper, but just barely at full wheel lock, but I haven't wheeled it yet. As for the stock spare tire carrier, yeah right There's no way. I have 17" wheels with 4.75 back space. I have the Jeeperman rear on order, if it would only get here sometime this year!

I know, I know I'll get pics up after the Jeeperman rear gets here.

So how was the install? Do you have to drill anything? How much was hte kit, if you don't mind me asking.

Adam
Old 03-16-2007, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

The install was a mutha. I lucked out and had the help of a mechanic friend of mine who has a bitchin set of tools, being a mechanic and all. Actually the front end wasn't that bad, pretty straight forward. But, the rear frame brackets that attach the rear lower arms was very time consuming and difficult. You have to drill several holes in the frame, and if you've ever drilled through a frame you know how hard that is. Then there is a fair amount of welding. You should have professional help, in my opinion, if you aren't very confident in your personal abilities.

The kit cost me $3199, ouch, but it look awesome. I'll post pics when I get my bumper on.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does that mean that I can actually fit a 37" Tire on the stock door of my JK2007. The issue is that i have already ordered MOPAR tubular steel bumpers for front and rear so ordering other rear bumper will not be the same.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default Spare Adapter

You can order an adapter from Warrior to mount your spare on the tailgate, the cost was $65.00 and comes with a tail light extension. Put one on mine with 37" Toyo MT until my Purejeep rear bumper comes in.

Quick Reply: 2007 Jeep JK Bumpers with 37"Tires