Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 JKU check engine light and traction light on

Old 04-05-2013, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a slight update on my issue. I dropped off the jeep at the dealership on Wednesday April 3, so that way they can have it and were in contact with Technical Assistance. They are now replacing the main computer, but part won't be in until Tuesday. So rental for the weekend. I haven't been able to enjoy my jeep for a month and a half. Whats another weekend!!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ravenswood
Just a slight update on my issue. I dropped off the jeep at the dealership on Wednesday April 3, so that way they can have it and were in contact with Technical Assistance. They are now replacing the main computer, but part won't be in until Tuesday. So rental for the weekend. I haven't been able to enjoy my jeep for a month and a half. Whats another weekend!!
I had a similar issue. I would be driving and I would get a ding and my check engine light would come on, the low oil light would flash or various other lights would come on or flash on then go out. The tech at my dealership chased the problem down pretty quick. Turns out it was one of the sending / receiving modules connected to the computer. He changed it out and cleared the codes and I have never had a problem since in over a year. Funny thing also is that once that module was changed the Jeep has never ran better. More power and better gas mileage. Hope you get yours back soon.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Check engine still on!

Glad yours worked out for you daubie!

Just got a call from the dealership and after replacing the computer. The check engine light is still on. The dealership is waiting to hear from technical assistance.......guess it is time for another email to Chrysler and to start looking at legal action. In Canada there is an something called CAMVAP (Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan). I haven't looked into it too much, but apparently this is a binding authority and they rule for the consumer or the manufacturer. They can force Chrysler to buy back the jeep. Don't want to go down that road, but this is crazy! Not sure where to go! I will see what Chrysler says and got from there!
The following users liked this post:
Hohobear (07-10-2021)
Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Chrysler had the dealership change the oil in my jeep for the latest attempt to find the issue with my jeep. It did not work!
I have since taken back my vehicle as it has been 2 months since the first time I brought it in.

Chrysler needs to take ownership of this defective vehicle. I have called and have requested that they buy back this jeep and get me into on that actually works. I have had this jeep for a year and a half and has more than enough problems. The Chrysler representative informed me that it is not their policy to buy back vehicles in Canada. She politely informed me that Chrysler is willing to work with me on resolving the issue. Well thanks for that! Meaning it is going to take as long as it takes to fix it, all that time I continue to make payments! Thanks for all the help Chrysler!

I am awaiting on one last phone call from them, as they said they will review my file. But I believe at this point, I am taking this vehicle to arbitration. Yay me!
Hohobear (07-10-2021)
Old 04-18-2013, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just have a lawyers letter sent to them & advise of court proceedings if they are not willing to Buy back. Use the Lemon Law and it'll get resolved quickly. They rather not go to court and report the issue to the TSB and BBB.
Hohobear (07-10-2021)
Old 04-18-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by otservice
Just have a lawyers letter sent to them & advise of court proceedings if they are not willing to Buy back. Use the Lemon Law and it'll get resolved quickly. They rather not go to court and report the issue to the TSB and BBB.

I believe the lemon law is actually just going through CAMVAP, which are arbitrators that listen to both sides and make a decision based on the case. CAMVAP can force Chrysler to buy back the jeep. I was thinking on seeing a lawyer, but that costs money. CAMVAP is a free process.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default CAMVAP is the way to go!

A long last update on my issue with my 2012 Jeep JKU. This problem dated back to Feb 2013, the check engine light, traction light came on and then the jeep went into Limp mode. The computer indicated that "cam sensor was intermitant" I brought the jeep into the dealership about a dozen times, where they replaced: Cam sensor, cam shaft, a bunch of gaskets and phazers, tried a bunch of wiring and replaced the computer. None worked. This was all under the direction of Chryslers engineers/techs.
I finally had enough and called CAMVAP, Canada's lemon law abitrators. They set up a hearing where I presented my case. It was a informal hearing, where I presented all my documents of service records. Explained how Chrysler was unable to repair my vechicle in a timely manner. Which was 2.5 months in the dealership and 6 months total before this was said and done. 6 months of payments and not having a jeep that worked properly.

In the end CAMVAP decided in my favour and is forcing Chrysler to buy back my jeep, at cost less kilometres. All the while Chrysler barely blinked an eye or barely an apology. Just another number!

I will post a new thread at some point for all those that might be going through the same process.

As much as I loved my jeep, I will not be replacing it with a Chrysler product for the way they dealt with it!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

I had the traction control light come on Saturday night after a full day of wheeling in Ouray. Sunday morning the light went off after a little driving and it stayed off. The jeep ran fine all the way home Sunday reaching speeds close to 80mph. This morning(Monday) my wife hopped in the jeep and took off for work but before the end of our street the CEL came on.

I'm really hoping I'm not going to have the same problems. I'm going to pull codes in a few hours when she gets home.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default sending recieving module? does anyone know what a sending recieving module is.

Originally Posted by daubie
I had a similar issue. I would be driving and I would get a ding and my check engine light would come on, the low oil light would flash or various other lights would come on or flash on then go out. The tech at my dealership chased the problem down pretty quick. Turns out it was one of the sending / receiving modules connected to the computer. He changed it out and cleared the codes and I have never had a problem since in over a year. Funny thing also is that once that module was changed the Jeep has never ran better. More power and better gas mileage. Hope you get yours back soon.
What is a sending recieving module?
Old 05-22-2022, 06:15 AM
N8r
JK Newbie

Default Check engine light then traction light.

Originally Posted by ravenswood
A long last update on my issue with my 2012 Jeep JKU. This problem dated back to Feb 2013, the check engine light, traction light came on and then the jeep went into Limp mode. The computer indicated that "cam sensor was intermitant" I brought the jeep into the dealership about a dozen times, where they replaced: Cam sensor, cam shaft, a bunch of gaskets and phazers, tried a bunch of wiring and replaced the computer. None worked. This was all under the direction of Chryslers engineers/techs.
I finally had enough and called CAMVAP, Canada's lemon law abitrators. They set up a hearing where I presented my case. It was a informal hearing, where I presented all my documents of service records. Explained how Chrysler was unable to repair my vechicle in a timely manner. Which was 2.5 months in the dealership and 6 months total before this was said and done. 6 months of payments and not having a jeep that worked properly.

In the end CAMVAP decided in my favour and is forcing Chrysler to buy back my jeep, at cost less kilometres. All the while Chrysler barely blinked an eye or barely an apology. Just another number!

I will post a new thread at some point for all those that might be going through the same process.

As much as I loved my jeep, I will not be replacing it with a Chrysler product for the way they dealt with it!
I have the exact same issue, 4 months later still no solution. This doesn't look good.

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU check engine light and traction light on