Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 JK 2-Dr Secure Storage

Old 05-03-2014, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2014 JK 2-Dr Secure Storage

A bunch of cars in my neighborhood were ransacked last night. I left the JK unlocked and my glove box and center console had their contents removed and dumped on the driver's seat. Oddly, nothing was taken, including the GPS unit I had in the console.

But it has started me thinking about secure storage. The cheap glovebox and console locks are kind of worthless and so easily bypassed. I like the idea of the under seat storage from Bestop or Tuffy, but I don't think any of them work on a 2014 2 door. The only thing that seems to be available is the Tuffy center console.

Curious if any 2014 2 door owners have come up with anything that works and is a bit more secure.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could go under the passenger seat, replace glove box with metal one, metal locking insert that slides into center console, or instatrunk. Bestop and Tuffy will be the best 2 companies that I know of. .
Old 05-03-2014, 09:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
A bunch of cars in my neighborhood were ransacked last night. I left the JK unlocked and my glove box and center console had their contents removed and dumped on the driver's seat. Oddly, nothing was taken, including the GPS unit I had in the console. But it has started me thinking about secure storage. The cheap glovebox and console locks are kind of worthless and so easily bypassed. I like the idea of the under seat storage from Bestop or Tuffy, but I don't think any of them work on a 2014 2 door. The only thing that seems to be available is the Tuffy center console. Curious if any 2014 2 door owners have come up with anything that works and is a bit more secure.
A nice simple solution is the tuffy product that turns your tailgate area into a decent size trunk, it's one of the least expensive Tuffy products, not that their other products aren't worth it...they are, but the trunk like n is only $200 and who looks at a Jeep for a trunk!
Old 05-04-2014, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

So far, the only things I have found that will fit, according to the manufacturers, is the Bestop center console insert and the Tuffy rear trunk insert.

I was hoping for an under seat mount for my carry gun, but none of them will work. The trunk idea seems OK, but I have almost no space back there to begin with. It's kind of worthless. Plus, if the JK is unlocked, so is the tailgate. It's kind of pointless for what I am looking for.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
So far, the only things I have found that will fit, according to the manufacturers, is the Bestop center console insert and the Tuffy rear trunk insert.

I was hoping for an under seat mount for my carry gun, but none of them will work. The trunk idea seems OK, but I have almost no space back there to begin with. It's kind of worthless. Plus, if the JK is unlocked, so is the tailgate. It's kind of pointless for what I am looking for.
I haven't used it myself, but the Tuffy underseat box is hugely popular...

I keep meaning to get one, I'm a bit paranoid about leaving a firearm in the car, I've known LEO's who'd leave their off duty piece under the seat in a holster, or loose in glovebox or center console!

A Kydex type holster attached down by your right knee is a great place while in the vehicle, and then a serious lockbox attached to something like the seat supports works pretty well

not as good as the Tuffy, the hardest part is the transfer into/out of the lock box!

post when you come up with something

matthew
Old 05-04-2014, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Are you saying the under-seat boxes won't fit because of the seat height adjustment? If that's the case, couldn't you then just use the passenger seat? Or are you having a side airbag issue?
Old 05-04-2014, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
Are you saying the under-seat boxes won't fit because of the seat height adjustment? If that's the case, couldn't you then just use the passenger seat? Or are you having a side airbag issue?
According to Bestop's website, their's won't fit under the 2014 driver's seat. The passenger seat version only works under seats that DON'T flip forward, unlike mine that flip forward.

Even the Tuffy concealed carry boxes won't work either. Again, according to their websites.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
Look under both front seats of a 2014 2 door and you'll see that there's no room. I had the tuffy conceal carry on my 08 JKU and now I can use it on my 14 2-door. I'm going to sell the conceal carry and get the center console insert.

Quick Reply: 2014 JK 2-Dr Secure Storage