Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 Jk all over the place - Caster help needed

Old 11-15-2017, 10:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait what 32 psi in a 37? Should be mid 20's.

Also a 22" wheel means have less sidewall. That combo is going to ride more harsh than a 37/17.
Not saying thats your problem but it doesn't help.

Get the track bar bracket on, install using top hole. Chalk test the tires and bring PSI down.
Almost guarantee those two things will help you out.

Last edited by kjeeper10; 11-15-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
here's the short and skinny response if it's hasn't been clear. take those brackets off and sell em....adjust the arms proper to get caster above 4.2* as you're being advised already, and get a raised TB bracket for the rear. that last part doesn't have to do with your steering, but you really want to raise that rear TB to help improve your roll center. That is separate issue than needing an adjustable rear TB to recenter the axle under the jeep. if 4WP is telling you that 2.8 - 3* caster is good and you shouldn't go any higher, they are fawking idiots and you should no longer deal with them.
Well said.... Esp about 4WP !!! Most are Complete jackasses looking to sell u more stuff

Last edited by Ripa777; 11-16-2017 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ripa777
Well said.... Esp about 4WP !!! Most are Complete jackasses looking to sell u more stuff
yes i am no longer going there
i been recamended to a new shop that only works on Jk
i went there yesterday and they know what they are talking about based on what all of you have said
i am doping the jeep off on Monday
i have the new rear track bar bracket in the jeep ready to go and they said that they will do a full 8 arm alignment

Quick Reply: 2016 Jk all over the place - Caster help needed