Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

33's with no lift, ESP activating

Old 03-22-2007, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

live a little
Old 03-22-2007, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default ESP/ABS activation through corners

OK guys, do a search on ESP activation. You'll find that I've been bitchin about this since day one. My Jeep is going to the dealer again on Monday. I finally found one that would stand behind me since I've lifted and installed taller tires. Enumclaw Jeep in Washington state has been great so far. I previously went to 2 other dealerships in Washington and they weren't what I'd call "lift kit friendly". The service writer at Enumclaw said they actually install lifts. So I have high hopes for good results this time. Hang in there, we'll get this resolved. Other than this nagging issue, I love my Jeep!
Old 03-23-2007, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

I have the same 3 in BDS lift, and 33 nittos. Right now have my stock 17in rims. Waiting for more rims to come out. Hey jacked up JK... what color is your jk?
I took my jk to the dealer for the flash and or TSB. They were able to do the TSB recall for the ESP BAS problem on mine. I had them line up the steering wheel/ align front end also. They said there is a short in my "clock" steering column or something that is causing the light to come on. They ordered the parts. However.... the light went off about 5 miles later and hasnt been back on.
This dealer did not install the lift but is very lift friendly. There was no charge.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:26 AM
JK Freak

Just an update on this.

I took it to the dealer last Friday, March 31, and they flashed it for 32's (Charged me $95.00...so much for taking care of me). I also had em install the Teraflex 2.5" BB. I was gonna do the install myself when I had time but we were going on a run on Sunday, April 1, and I wanted to take care of the rubbing issue I had the week before.

Took it out to Painted Canyon and Fargo Canyon south of Indio for a SoCal 4x4 Geocachers run and then yesterday I was back up in the mountains driving the same road I was on when the ESP kept activating.

No problems or issues. ESP didn't activate once.

FARGO CANYON

Old 04-07-2007, 09:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went around the same cloverleaf that always kicks on my ESP and it didnt go off. Only difference is that my hard top was off. I am sure the extra weight Up high raises the center of gravity enough to cause the problem. Curious to know if others experience this.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:21 AM
JK Newbie

it really seems that the programming for the ESP is a bit too sensitive. I hope that they catch on and decide release updates.

Quick Reply: 33's with no lift, ESP activating