Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

37in toyos and bumpsteer!

Old 03-04-2012, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 37in toyos and bumpsteer!

I'm having some bumpsteer issues on my 2 door. It drives fine on flat ground. I have a pr44 unlimited. My Castor is set at 6.2 on driver and 6.7 on passenger. I have rockkrawlers flipped drag link and there rasied trac bar bracket welded to my axle. I'm running around 25psi in the tires. Everytime I go over a bump it will wander some in the road and I will have to correct it. Is it the tires? Any advice would be helpful.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

need to see a pic of your steering linkage.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

It will be tomorrow before I can post up some pics but I will do that first thing.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Newbie

Make sure your draglink and track bar are at close to the same angle. If you had a drop pitman arm prior to the draglink flip put the stock one back on. I had to remove drop pitman arm when flipping my draglink. Hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2012, 03:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What trackbar you running?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

Im running a rockkrawler trac bar,trac bar bracket. My drag link and trac bar are at the same angle. I'm running the 3.5 x factor kit the only thing stock is the tie rod.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vinson Clark
Im running a rockkrawler trac bar,trac bar bracket. My drag link and trac bar are at the same angle. I'm running the 3.5 x factor kit the only thing stock is the tie rod.
I am having a similar issue. I get a vib in the steering at 50 and goes away at 60 as well. Would love to have this resolved.how did you get all that caster I could only manage 3?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Stepsride
I am having a similar issue. I get a vib in the steering at 50 and goes away at 60 as well. Would love to have this resolved.how did you get all that caster I could only manage 3?
Im running a PR44 unlimited it has castor built into it. Its not bad but everytime i hit a bump at a higher speed it will wonder just a little bit and i have to correct it. I can drive it with one finger on the wheel going down the highway though.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are big tires with a wide surface area. Are you talking about a small bump and then it wanders or a large bump. Large tires do tend to wander some.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Biggy
Those are big tires with a wide surface area. Are you talking about a small bump and then it wanders or a large bump. Large tires do tend to wander some.
Its mainly the big bumps. The roads here in Mississippi or bad. This is my first jeep and first lifted vehicle with big tires ive ever owned so i may be over reacting some. I always here guys talking about there jeep ridding better than stock once lifted but with 10 ply toyos i just dont see it.

I see your running 37in toyos as well do you experience and noticeable steering changes over your stock setup?

Quick Reply: 37in toyos and bumpsteer!