Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.5" tips and tricks

Old 04-03-2008, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.5" tips and tricks

Me and my buddies are going to start the install on my 4.5" rubicon Express Long arm kit on monday night and I am looking for a write up, or any tips and tricks from anyone that has done this lift.

I looked everywhere for a write up or step by step but can't find one.... If you know a link please post one.

I remember reading once about a time about trying to get the bolt from the passenger upper control arm out, but can't find that either.

any help would be greatly appreciated........ thanx in advance guys.

Kevin
Old 04-03-2008, 10:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

cut that bolt off, and go buy a new one from Jeep, if they cant get one in time, just put a grade 8 in it until you can swap it out..

I've seen people take a pry bar to move the exhaust enough to get room, but I wouldnt suggest it.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
cut that bolt off, and go buy a new one from Jeep, if they cant get one in time, just put a grade 8 in it until you can swap it out..

I've seen people take a pry bar to move the exhaust enough to get room, but I wouldnt suggest it.
I need to replace or reuse that bolt?

Also......... the suggested measurements for the control arms from Rubicon.......... is that measured bolt to bolt or entire length of arm?

Last edited by o|||||||o EDMONTONTRADER; 04-03-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

you have to replace the bolt if you decide to cut it off, with the exhaust in the way you can get the bolt out all the way.

When the new bolt gets reinstalled, just put it back on from the other side. I would think the instructions should have lengths for control arms
look at steps 18 and 19
Old 04-03-2008, 10:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Just slide that bolt out far enough to cut it with a sawzall. With your RE long arm kit you will not be using that mounting point so you don't need a new bolt.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
Just slide that bolt out far enough to cut it with a sawzall. With your RE long arm kit you will not be using that mounting point so you don't need a new bolt.
thanks I forgot this was a Long arm
does the RE kit get new hardware?
Old 04-03-2008, 10:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/77692.pdf

check this link out, the instructions from rubicon for that lift. if the link doesnt work, go to quadratec.com and look up that lift and u can download the instructions. i am getting the same lift but i am going to go ahead and replace the driveshafts. it is recomended. good luck on it, hopefully i will have mine next month

Quick Reply: 4.5" tips and tricks