Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.13 Gear Swap Help!

Old 07-13-2015, 10:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WyattO1759
Did you install the Artec kit yourself or have it installed somewhere? I figure the money that I save from doing the gears myself could be used to upgrade ball joints and throw on the armor kit. I cant afford a Dana 60 and I cant justify buying a 44 just to get a 60 later, so I figured the armor kit was the next best thing.
I had Hauk Designs "River Raiders" install it for me. I don't imagine it would be difficult to weld on. They recommend that you weld them slow, like an inch at a time then allowing to cool to prevent warping of the tube. That's very important with the c gussets because of the ball joints are easily damaged from the heat. But if you're replacing them, just press the new ones after you welded everything up. Honestly you will probably have more problems with putting the ball joints in. I put mine in and they can be a real pain to press in.

Quick Reply: 5.13 Gear Swap Help!