Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AEV Geo brackets vs RC X-Flex adjustable front LCAs

Old 05-29-2016, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by sa29560

What I'm trying to get at I suppose is this. For the money, buy the brackets. If you are going to buy control arms there are better options for hardly more cash. I too got caught up in the cost of them being under 200, and 700 for the set. Truth is for barely more I had way better arms built locally.
Thanks for the advise. I know it seems like I'm splitting hairs over a $100-$200 difference it would take to get synergies, etc. The problem is for my uses, I'm not going to be able to justify getting the top brand parts for everything needed. For instance, I'm buying a lift kit, so money there. That kit will need wheel spacers until I get wheels/tires, more $ and do I go with the top brand, or go with something less costly but may not be as good but will do good enough? Then the wheels and tires follow all this, then the programmers, then the axles, then the gears..etc. Anyways, I totally get what you're saying but I can't afford to go with the top brands on everything (my wife will divorce me) but if there's some "potential" to get better performance at a similar price point as something I need to get anyways, then I can justify an extra $50 to do that here and there.

I'm really waiting for someone to come in and talk me out of the RC LCA's. I already know they're not the best LCA available, I just need someone to tell me they're total sh*t. If someone was to say, "I had those and the joints blew after 6 months of nothing but DD, I had to constantly be re-adjusting them and taking my rig in for alignment every other week, grease was continually oozing out of them..etc.etc..etc.

So far most of the advise has been, go with the AEV brackets since we don't trust Rough Country and I'm in that same boat. I'm just trying to figure out if they might be "good enough" for this particular instance. I think most everyone would go with an adjustable LCA over a relocation bracket for caster correction, so that's why I'm considering the RC adjustable LCA might be a better direction for me to go towards.

Last edited by Rednroll; 05-29-2016 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:13 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the RC LCAs on our JK for about 4 months and no complaints so far. I've also had the weight of the front end resting on the center of one on a rock and it held up fine. Only time will tell on the joint longevity.

We got adjustable CAs over the brackets because I can guarantee they would get hit alot. The factory mounts have rock rash...

Quick Reply: AEV Geo brackets vs RC X-Flex adjustable front LCAs