Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Exhaust Question....

Old 02-10-2007, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Exhaust Question....

for those of you who have swapped out your mufflers from stock. Are you getting any Engine Warning lights or trouble lights on your dash after installing the mufflers? I had a few friends in high school that swapped out the stock mufflers on their Z71 Silverados and a check engine light stayed on For FOREVER thereafter. I am putting Magnaflow on mine when I get my income tax money back and was just curious. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:29 PM
JK Freak

nope no lights or anything....it's all good
Old 02-10-2007, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check engine lights after exhaust?? Were they cutting off there catalytic converter?? I have replaced countless exhausts frome header back and never had this issue. Granted, first time for everything, but this sounds strange!!?? Unless they cut put on straight pipes and cut the 02 senors off I can not see any reason for this happening. There should not be ANY problems with a cat back system. If you knock out cat or get get straight pipes make sure you get ones w/ input for O2 sensor and you should have no worries.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I was curious. Never put pipes on anything with a computer on it. NEVER owned anything newer than a 79 lol.

As for the Silverados with the check engine lights. No they didn't cut the cats or the 02 sensors. Just flowmaster mufflers (and mellow tones) (mellow tones sounded shitty BTW) and tips. And bing there comes the damn light. Every guy and even one girl who swapped out their exhaust on their Silverados had that problem. Which kinda made me skittish about doing it to my JK.

Thanks again.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:48 AM
JK Freak

They were doing something more than just swapping their mufflers. I just traded in my z71 with dual ten series flowmasters. No problem ever. Now my 99 TA with long tube headers and true dual exhaust that has an xpipe with no cats has the light on until I break down and tune it. The light comes on because the second 02 sensor is either not in, or is getting a reading that would make it appear as though the cat is not there or broken. It is in the cat removal, not muffler exchange.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

No Problems here with the Magnaflow on the JK.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

got true duals on my JK and no light.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKJeepDad
No Problems here with the Magnaflow on the JK.
Did you notice any better performance ? How's the sound ? and how much?
Thanx.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Search for the terms "dyno magnaflow"

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Exhaust Question....