Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Am I sagging too much?

Old 01-14-2015, 06:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They did, I don't have it handy but googled it when installing to make sure the rears were going on the rear, RK02002 off their site.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump, any suggestions?
Old 01-19-2015, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Thinking about it over the weekend, I don't think the side to side coil flex can be fixed by an adj track bar... or should be fixed for that matter. I have the oem track bar in the rear with the raised bracket on the axle side. My tire sticks out on the driver side rear more then the passengar side. Unless I'm thinking of it backwards, that means the trackbar is too long right? The OEM one with bracket should not be too long and the reason its sticking out is probably due to the squatting it is currently doing ... I think.

So that goes back to possibly correcting it with upper control arms?
Old 02-02-2015, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

I got a set of Rock krawler wedges and it straightened it up considerably.

After watching that teraflex video on triple rate springs I realize my 3.5" RK's are not good for my setup. The top 4 coils are all compressed and sitting against each other which I guess means my rig is too heavy for the springs.... what can I go with that is 3.5-4.5" and can handle a bit more weight then the 3.5 RKs?
Old 02-02-2015, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you think the weight in the rear is causing your suspension issue, why not remove the weight and see how the suspension looks?
Old 02-02-2015, 07:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
If you think the weight in the rear is causing your suspension issue, why not remove the weight and see how the suspension looks?
I've taken off the tools and fuel, but the rear bumper and tire carrier with 35 was kept on. The 3rd to 4th coil has a small gap in it so it is not fully compressed anymore, but according to that teraflex video, that is not ideal.

I don't think the rear has quite a suspension "issue" per say, as the bowing of the coils was kind of a side track half way through this thread which I was able to mostly fix with wedges. I just want to get the rear up about 4". Parked beside Jeeps that have the same 3.5" RK coils as I do I sit a good inch lower in the rear at least. They usually have stubby bumpers, teraflex carrier with stock bumper, or something light.

I just want the lift but still keep the full width protection with the extra gear and not have the coils totally compressed from the get go, that too much to ask? lol
Old 02-02-2015, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

Synergy coils will handle the weight. I run their 3" coils and with the jeep loaded with gear I don't notice it sag. I talked to synergy before I bought them and their coils are designed for a fully loaded JK.

Quick Reply: Am I sagging too much?