Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Anybody get their AEV wheels yet?

Old 04-17-2007, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubidozer
Hey Localnet,

I won't be buying their wheels or anything else, unless I hear something got done for your wheel-problem... I hate to see people putting responsibilities on a manufacturer, when they are the people selling you the defective crap. They should have fixed the problem, and then they should have dealt with their manufacturer. It's crap, and I won't touch them for anything...

I'll be passing along your experience for others to be aware.... Once a business pulls some crap llike that, they just keep doing it whenever it suits their needs...

If they were a good company, they would have done whatever it took to satisfy a customer with a legit concern....... But I guess they had your cash already, so what the hell do they care?!
Rubidozer,

AEV stood up and corrected the problem beyond my expectations. I would not hesitate recommending any of their products.

I spoke with Mike at AEV for almost 20 min. He explained what was going on when I had run into my problem, he had to do some research as he was not employed by AEV at that time. Mike also explained that AEV is basically under new managment, and are now in the Detroit area to be closer to the Big 3.

Todays AEV is a whole different animal from a few years ago. I really think, and my gut tells me, that AEV will be one of the premier Jeep aftermarket suppliers.

And I will be visiting their shop, at Mike's invitation. I am lokking forward to the visit. I just wish I had my Rubi, it's still on order.

I report my findings after my visit to AEV.

Mike
Old 04-17-2007, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Localnet,

Yeah, I heard the good news and posted a reply on your thread entitled:
' AEV Wheels, The Outcome!'

Good to hear!
Old 04-27-2007, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

well good luck contacting aev.....i never had the luck to get an email response or a call back ever . i just gave up on aev stuf ,,great looking stuff though
Old 05-12-2007, 11:09 PM
JK Newbie

I'm overseas so I'm unable to call AEV. I've sent them 3 emails over the last month and not one response. The "other guy's" responded and thus recieved my $2500. No way to earn my money if you dont write back.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hawkdriver
I'm overseas so I'm unable to call AEV. I've sent them 3 emails over the last month and not one response. The "other guy's" responded and thus recieved my $2500. No way to earn my money if you dont write back.

Sorry to hear they did not respond to your contacts...I ordered non-beadlock pintler wheels online one day, emailed them the next, they responded same day. I had the wheels shipped within 3 days of ordering...they are a stand up company as far as my experience...wish I knew why it works for some but not others...

glwood
Old 05-15-2007, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a few missing parts from the 3rd break light and rear corner guards that I ordered (honestly I think that the company I had installing them probably lost a couple parts) AEV was VERY quick to respond and got the parts out in a couple days. All my contacts were make through e-mail. I actually got a call after they had recieved my last email thanking them. The call was just to apoligize and let me know the part was on the way.

I thought they went above and beyond in my case.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Just got the call!

They just called and My AEV pintler beadlocks will be here in 2 days!
Old 05-30-2007, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

can beadlocks be used for everyday driving? IS their much uptake for them compared to a standard wheel? How hard is it to find someone to mount and balance them?
Old 05-30-2007, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

there is a great write-up on their website that explains who should consider beadlock wheels. They can be mounted in your garage and balanced at any tire store. They take alot of maintenance and you need to be more meticulus to use them on a daily driver. there are about 26-28 bolts per wheel that need to be checked for proper torque almost monthly. These wheels would not be for somebody who takes a hands-off approach to maintenance.

Quick Reply: Anybody get their AEV wheels yet?