Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BDS Suspension anyone?

Old 01-13-2009, 03:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by afoulk
You guys that say you like the ride of it, is it softer than stock, and do you have the gas shocks, or cheaper hydro shocks? and when they do replace something under warranty, how long does it take till you get the new part?

I have the gas shocks - I drove one with the hydros, and liked it, but decided to upgrade - I'm glad I did. Maybe it's just me justifying spending a little extra, but the ride to me is different, in a better way. It is a little stiffer, but not to the point where I am dodging potholes.

I haven't had to take one back (yet), but when I do, I'll take it back to the shop where I got them, and hopefully get it replaced there.

JD
Old 01-19-2009, 02:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default bds 2" spacer on 33"

Old 02-01-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

better pic
Old 02-01-2009, 02:08 PM
JK Junkie

I am also looking at either a BDS, Clayton or Teraflex 3" lift kit. I had a BDS 6" lift kit on my F-350 and had no issues with it.

With the BDS 3" Coil kit w/ shocks, what else do you need to buy to complete the kit, if anything.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
I am also looking at either a BDS, Clayton or Teraflex 3" lift kit. I had a BDS 6" lift kit on my F-350 and had no issues with it.

With the BDS 3" Coil kit w/ shocks, what else do you need to buy to complete the kit, if anything.
The BDS kit comes with with everything you need - coils, shocks, drop spacers for the rear sway bar, rear track bar relocation bracket, rear brake line extensions, quick discos, straps to tie up the sway bar when discoed, new bump stops, and all associated hardware.

You can upgrade to the gas shocks if you chose - the kit comes with the hydraulic shocks.

The steering stabilizer is sold seperately, and comes with the hydro shock.

JD
Old 02-05-2009, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got the 3 inch!! It rides like factory and warrantied for life
Old 02-06-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Junkie

Awesome, hopefully in a year or so I'll be lifting my Jeep, I'm leaning towards the Teraflex or BDS, I need to stop reading about lift kits or I'll never decide.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

............bump
Old 02-12-2009, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I had to use the warranty, I had my jeepback within 1 week. It all depends on how fast you want the parts,and if you are willing to pay upgraded shipping. It also helps if you have an awesome installer and one who moves rather quickly.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
Awesome, hopefully in a year or so I'll be lifting my Jeep, I'm leaning towards the Teraflex or BDS, I need to stop reading about lift kits or I'll never decide.
Give me a call and let me see if I can help you out!

Quick Reply: BDS Suspension anyone?