Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedliner Spray for front Grill????

Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedliner Spray for front Grill????

I was wanting to paint my front grill black using a bedliner spray. I was told that it would work really well and it was cost affordable. That I would pretty much need just some 50 grit sandpaper and a can or two of the bedliner spray you can buy at Lowes for about 12 bucks a can. If anyone has anymore info on this please let me know. I wanna get this done this weekend. But definetly want to use the right type of spray. If anyone has any reccomendations let me know please. thanks!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:57 PM
JK Newbie

I just did this last weekend - super easy. I bought one of those fine/medium grit sanding sponges, but any fine/medium sandpaper will work.
I bought the Rustoleum bedliner at home depot for $7 and it turned out great. One can does 2 coats, that's all you need.
Sandpaper $3, bedliner $7, for a total cost of $10

I also decided to use some gutter guard for grill mesh inserts, painted them with bedliner and attached with epoxy.
That was another $10. Everything together looks awesome and was so damn easy. I'm glad I finally did it.

I would really like to get the clear turn signal lenses to finish the look, but I don't want to spend another $50 for plastic right now.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeep4president
I just did this last weekend - super easy. I bought one of those fine/medium grit sanding sponges, but any fine/medium sandpaper will work.
I bought the Rustoleum bedliner at home depot for $7 and it turned out great. One can does 2 coats, that's all you need.

I also decided to use some gutter guard for grill mesh inserts, painted them with bedliner and attached with epoxy.
That was another $10. Everything together looks awesome and was so damn easy. I'm glad I finally did it.

I would really like to get the clear turn signal lenses to finish the look, but I don't want to spend another $50 for plastic right now.
Thats cool man. did you leave the Jeep Logo on?? If you have a pic, I would like to check it out.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:05 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, pictures please.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:14 PM
JK Newbie

I'll take some pics tomorrow in the daylight for ya - I took a long road trip this weekend through the country and the grill is now a bug graveyard, so I need to clean it up again first.
I left the jeep letters off for now. Still debating on whether I want to put them back on as is, or... still thinking.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll take some pics tomorrow in the daylight for ya - I took a long road trip this weekend through the country and the grill is now a bug graveyard, so I need to clean it up again first.
I left the jeep letters off for now. Still debating on whether I want to put them back on as is, or... still thinking.
cool Ill check back tmrw!!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read so many of these threads that talk about praying the grill with the bed liner. I would think it would be a pain to keep clean because of the roughness. The last thing I would want is to be scrubbing the bugs out of the surface.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll try and get some pics posted as well. I left my jeep letters on, did my front grill and wheels.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Actually it's easier to keep clean IMHO. All you to is use the windshield cleaning brush when you are at the gas station. The bedliner doesn't hold bugs like the gloss paint. And if you really want to spiff it up use tire shine applied with a sponge to keep the color dark and get rid of mud in the texture of the bedliner. Great easy mod that looks awesome and is beneficial. I used duplicolor rattlecan myself. Just take the shine out of the paint with a scotch pad then paint. No need to prep anymore. Make sure you let it cure a week before washing. Other than that mines been done over a year and looks as good as the day I sprayed it on!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:45 PM
JK Newbie

I've been thinking about painting my flowmaster 40 with bedliner too. I painted it black with high temp spraypaint when I first put it on, but like a dumbass, hit it with a power washer after weekend in a mud pit and knocked off half of the paint...

Quick Reply: Bedliner Spray for front Grill????