Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

The beginning of my homemade stubby bumer

Old 02-11-2007, 03:18 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AZCA jeeper
Wow!! That looks great. How much has this cost you so far?
$10... My local brick supply company gave me the brick lintel, it was a scrap piece and they like Jeeps. My next door neighbor works in a metal fab shop and got the plate for me for $10.

OJ...

Conrad, we usually go to Tellico. Here is a post of my first trip before it was a week old. I'll be heading back soon to try out the new lift and tires.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ed=1#post30174

Last edited by Graluc; 02-11-2007 at 03:35 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like that. This may change my bumper plans. I was planning something a little more intricate, but this looks really clean and simple, and not too "busy" and complicated like some of the aftermarket offerings we've seen so far. I don't want my bumper to draw attention away from the rest of the
Jeep.

I know you said that you rotated your disco motor up, so you have to flush-mount the winch. Just curious if there is enough space between the fog lights to put a fairlead. I might try to sink my winch. Also, are those the factory fogs or aftermarket?
Old 02-11-2007, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

I'd say a fairlead would fit between the lights, but I haven't bought a winch yet so I don't know for sure. I did re-use the factory fog lights. No problem to relocate, just had to space the mounting back to keep them from sticking through the bumper.

Here is the link where I rotated the sway bar motor.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/rotated-my-sway-bar-motor-up-2869/

Old 02-11-2007, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

That looks great. Nice to see a bumper that doesn't cost over $1000. Seems like there are more firefighters here than any other profession. I guess when you only work 10 days a month....
Old 02-11-2007, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Conrad
I was thinking of doing something similar. I like the look. I would replace the factory tow hooks with some D rings mounts and mount a high lift on it (Just an idea). I saw that you are in cleveland... Im in Chattanooga. Were do you go ride?
Nice job! I think the d-rings would look pretty cool
Old 02-11-2007, 05:43 PM
JK Super Freak

That looks awesome man! I was thinking of fabbing up something similar as well. and much respect to the Firemen out there, my father is a retired Capt. from Roanoke VA. my hat is always off to you guys and gals, risking your life to save the rest of us!
Old 02-11-2007, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the hats, but firefighters have it pretty easy, no one's shooting a us. My hats off to anyone going overseas in the military. That's still one hell of a bumper.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKFirefighter
Thanks for the hats, but firefighters have it pretty easy, no one's shooting a us. My hats off to anyone going overseas in the military. That's still one hell of a bumper.
actually that isn't entirely true... once back when the firemen back home wore the blues with the badge, one got shot through the door by a drug dealer thinking he was a cop, but he was only there to inspect... now they just were their t-shirts or sweat shirts. Still a dangerous job that is much needed.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:41 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
I know you said that you rotated your disco motor up, so you have to flush-mount the winch. Just curious if there is enough space between the fog lights to put a fairlead. I might try to sink my winch. Also, are those the factory fogs or aftermarket?
I really tried to do both (sink the winch in and keep the stock lights) but the lights are about 3-4" deep, and the disco is also a limiting factor to going backward.

Nick

Quick Reply: The beginning of my homemade stubby bumer