Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Benefits of Coil Over Suspension vs Standard Coil Spring Set Up

Old 12-06-2013, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mdrnizd
Thanks to everyone that posted. I think I will just do the standard coil spring lift and a nice shock. I really appreciate all of your help and your post definitely made sense in regards to the coil overs.

The Jeep expeditions are more of what I would like to do.

Thanks again!
That is what mine is set up for, and why I suggested the adjustables since you can go from high speed trails to low speed trails to the highway as well as adjust for towing or gear loads with a few clicks. Rock crawlers will give you different advice. Definitely not the least expensive route as pointed out (though Rancho 9000s are reasonable), so really depends on your budget as there are many good standard shock choices out there and you want to match your lift. I also think you would be out of your mind going with 37's as they would serve no purpose given your stated use and would cost you much more in other upgrades.

Last edited by ShakyJake; 12-06-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdrnizd

I do like Jeeps and my plan is to make it a toy in 1-2 years once it's paid for. That is the only reason she is driving it for the time being is while I'm paying it off then I will buy her something else and have my toy. The reason I've thought about going ahead and doing the 37's is because if I'm going to spend money on it, I don't want to be redoing it a year or two down the road and spend the money twice.
If you aren't going to play for two years then wait two years to get 37s. Your wife will almost certainly hate driving it with tires that big.

You are way more likely not to spend money twice by waiting.

Quick Reply: Benefits of Coil Over Suspension vs Standard Coil Spring Set Up