Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Gears

Old 01-06-2009, 01:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Gears

Im planning on getting my hands on some new gears...

Any ideas about who has the best
Old 01-06-2009, 05:14 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't really matter. They all ultimately come from the same manufacturer in China or India (I forget which). Superior, Precision, et al. are all the same.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

i have superior...
Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by tgrt
Doesn't really matter. They all ultimately come from the same manufacturer in China or India (I forget which). Superior, Precision, et al. are all the same.
yup,

Richmond gears are made in the US. But I dont believe they make JK gears
Old 01-06-2009, 06:32 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by tgrt
FWIW, it's india
Old 01-06-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<-- Has Yukons
Old 01-06-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

i got superior 5.13's....love em.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Posted this a while back:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/gears-options-except-superior-52833/

I did a little research trying to hunt down who makes what and where it's really made. Talked to Chad at Randy's Ring and Pinion, searched the web business directory, and cross-referenced part numbers. Here's what I found:

Randy's Ring and Pinion is also known as Ring and Pinion, Inc. The business is classified as Automotive Repair Shop and has 120 employees in three locations.

Randy's owns brands:
USA Standard Gear
Value Gear
Yukon Dura Lock
Yukon Gear & Axle

According to Chad, Randy's gets their Dana 44 gears from Superior Axle and Gear. These are branded as USA Standard Gear or if you want a prettier box Yukon Axle.

Superior Axle and Gear is also known as Foote Axle and Forge L.L.C., is classified as Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories and has a total of 46 people. Their web site states "We are a 100% in-house manufacturer. We forge, CNC machine, heat treat, precision grind and spline right here in our Los Angeles facility."

Therefore USA Standard Gear = Yukon = Superior = Foote Axle and Forge = made in the USA -- At least for the Dana 44 gear set.

Couldn't find much on Alloy USA, LLC except that the business is classified as Auto and Home Supply Stores with a total of 6 people. Obviously they don't make their own gears.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AZJeeper

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52833

I did a little research trying to hunt down who makes what and where it's really made. Talked to Chad at Randy's Ring and Pinion, searched the web business directory, and cross-referenced part numbers. Here's what I found:

Randy's Ring and Pinion is also known as Ring and Pinion, Inc. The business is classified as Automotive Repair Shop and has 120 employees in three locations.

Randy's owns brands:
USA Standard Gear
Value Gear
Yukon Dura Lock
Yukon Gear & Axle

According to Chad, Randy's gets their Dana 44 gears from Superior Axle and Gear. These are branded as USA Standard Gear or if you want a prettier box Yukon Axle.

Superior Axle and Gear is also known as Foote Axle and Forge L.L.C., is classified as Motor Vehicle Parts and Accessories and has a total of 46 people. Their web site states "We are a 100% in-house manufacturer. We forge, CNC machine, heat treat, precision grind and spline right here in our Los Angeles facility."

Therefore USA Standard Gear = Yukon = Superior = Foote Axle and Forge = made in the USA -- At least for the Dana 44 gear set.

Couldn't find much on Alloy USA, LLC except that the business is classified as Auto and Home Supply Stores with a total of 6 people. Obviously they don't make their own gears.
Very interesting info. I would be curious to see what the price difference is based on which label is on the box.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52833

Randy's owns brands:
USA Standard Gear
Value Gear
Yukon Dura Lock
Yukon Gear & Axle

This was true at the beginning now the yukon gears are a different MFG that we have been using for years and we have had great luck with.

David

Quick Reply: Best Gears