Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best Mirror Solution

Old 04-28-2011, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Mirror Solution

sorry i dont have it yet. im looking for it. of course i've searched high and low for a good fit, but nothing seems to meet all my criteria. heres what i want:

mirror mounted to body - so no switching back and forth when the doors come off
ability to see BOTH mirrors with doors on or off
doesnt shake at highway speeds

anyone out there think they have the Best Mirror Solution? lets see what ya got...
Old 04-28-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

It makes me wonder why there isn't something like you see on a lot of pickups now...where they have extendable mirrors (for uses when pulling trailers or having a camper on). Pull it in with doors off, push it out with doors on?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you've done a lot of searching, I'm sure you have found these. I would think they are stable at high speeds. I don't know how well you can see them with the doors on.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_102.htm

I use these. I leave the bracket on and slide the mirror in when the doors come off. It shakes around a good amount at higher speeds, but that doesn't bother me. as long as I can see a big metal object coming up behind me.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13023_300.htm
Old 04-28-2011, 10:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by woo1517
If you've done a lot of searching, I'm sure you have found these. I would think they are stable at high speeds. I don't know how well you can see them with the doors on.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_102.htm

I use these. I leave the bracket on and slide the mirror in when the doors come off. It shakes around a good amount at higher speeds, but that doesn't bother me. as long as I can see a big metal object coming up behind me.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13023_300.htm
The first one is definitely stable at high speeds. The problem with them is that only about 25% of the passenger side mirror is left usable. I bought them, installed them, used them, and have since removed them.

Can't say how that second set is. Never used them.

There are lots of threads on here about mirror relocation. Do an advanced search for mirror relocation and look in titles only.

Edit: I did the search for you.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sear...archid=3764680
Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
The first one is definitely stable at high speeds. The problem with them is that only about 25% of the passenger side mirror is left usable. I bought them, installed them, used them, and have since removed them.

Can't say how that second set is. Never used them.

There are lots of threads on here about mirror relocation. Do an advanced search for mirror relocation and look in titles only.

Edit: I did the search for you.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sear...archid=3764680
agree about the first one. i have those sitting in my shed right now (had them on my last jeep). wont go that route again.

your search link doesnt work.

heres the closest thing i've found so far in my hunt, these are pics from forum member "interceptor_1972".

Click image for larger version

Name:	mirror2.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	154758

Click image for larger version

Name:	mirror1.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	154759

problem with these is the shake at high speeds. anyone else? solid mirror solution?
Old 04-28-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought these little clip mirror, there supposed to be used to clip on the visor so you can see a baby in the back seat. I got them at an auto parts store. I clip them between the plastic and the metal on the door. The don't shake, there cheap, fast and offer minor visibility.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pickick
your search link doesnt work.
Huh? I even verified it after I posted. Maybe it's a cache thing. Oh well, here is what I did.
  1. Click Advanced Search in the upper right corner of the screen below Settings and Log Out.
  2. Under the Search For section enter "mirror relocation" in the Keyword(s) field.
  3. In the adjacent drop down field beside Keyword(s) change selection to "Search Titles Only"
  4. Click "Search Now" box in the bottom right corner of the Search For section.
My results yielded 5 pages of results. With 20 results per page, there is bound to be something the OP can find that is useful.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run the rugged ridge relocates and can't see SHIT out of the passanger side with doors on. I have to stretch over just to see... Harley mirrors are on the list... Save ur $ and go with the Harley setup...
Old 04-28-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by e-jeep
Die Tech Off Road
X 2 ...those seem to be the best on the market that I have seen, will be ordering those soon myself
Old 04-29-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by e-jeep
Die Tech Off Road
Originally Posted by PainKiller
X 2 ...those seem to be the best on the market that I have seen, will be ordering those soon myself

for real guys? this is one of the worst solutions out there. not only do you have to move the mount every time you put the doors on/off, you even have to unbolt the mirror itself and move it. FAIL!

so far the best thing going is this:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13011_02.htm

anyone got use this and got any comments on it?

Quick Reply: Best Mirror Solution