Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Diamond installed - Question

Old 10-23-2008, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Diamond installed - Question

I installed the Black Diamond 2" Poly Lift tonight after my 2 local shops quoted me 4.5 hours labor and $480.00 to install. I installed with only hand tools and a borrowed floor jack/stands in 2 hours 10 minutes.

I decided to keep my front factory isolators in place to add an additional 1 inch as front was really low, and it looked like a drap car. So roughly 2 3/4 up front and 2 in back additional over factory.

My question is: Why do i still have a front end 3/4 inch lower????

I noticed the front has spring stops built in, but the back does not, is there any certain way the rear springs should be placed???

All in all, looks freaking great. I did something I had no idea how to do by myself, but with the help of JK-Forum members, I found the courage to tackle it, and learned alot. I enlightened my neighbors with my frustrated command of the english language, and pulled a muscle in my forearm making my thimb completely contracted for an hour, but it's done and looks pretty damn good.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:44 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

congradulation on your new lift and for doing it on your own. regarding your factory rubber isolators, keeping them installed is required and not an option. also, the fact that you still have a factory rake is normal and would have been way off if you didn't install the isolators. as far as the rear coils go, no, it really doesn't matter
Old 10-23-2008, 11:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. The BD lift says to toss the front isolators, but during a phone call to them, they said I could leave them in to help with the rake. Just glad to know that I didnt do anything wrong to still have the slant.

Really looks good, and cant wait to have my new wheels installed on Tuesday. Flat black rims with 33x12.5's ought to look really sweet on the yellow bananna (as my daughter calls it).

Again, thanks.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:42 PM
JK Junkie

Congrats...Cant wait so see those pics with your new 33" wheels
Old 10-24-2008, 01:41 AM
JK Jedi

Congrats, post a pic!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:12 AM
JK Freak

Post a pic and let us know how the ride is, on and off road.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:11 AM
JK Newbie

I dont know, But I want to see some pics of your set up to see what it looks like.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Digital camera is packed in one of a thousand boxes as we just moved. I will try to borrow a camera over the weekend to take some pics of the new set up, along with the stock wheels I have for sale. I really am happy with the outcome even if the rake still looks like a drag car....

Quick Reply: Black Diamond installed - Question