Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bug deflectors - do they work

Old 06-04-2016, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sullivan9162
I have read some reviews , specifically on Amazon, that users of the RR bug deflector experienced excessive noise from the soft top at highway speeds above the driver/passenger after installation, also when the freedom tops are removed. anyone here experienced that issue ?
I just installed my rugged ridge this morning and yes I am experiencing wind slap on the soft top now when driving. Kind of disappointed now.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itr.#1446
I just installed my rugged ridge this morning and yes I am experiencing wind slap on the soft top now when driving. Kind of disappointed now.
that sucks man. When they designed the jeep it was done for the windshield to take the majority of that wind so now that uu have the deflector it comes back down over the driver passenger area. Just my opinion.
Old 06-05-2016, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have the Mopar bug deflectors on our Jeeps. They protect the front edge of the hood and help stop stones from skipping up the hood and hitting the windshield under the wipers. As for bugs, it just deflects the bugs a little higher up the windshield...

Quick Reply: Bug deflectors - do they work